This worksheet is to accompany the site "Anne Frank:
Her Life and Times." The student will need to read two articles at this site
entitled: "Anne's Story," and "The Diary."
Directions to complete this worksheet:
Print out page following these steps. Click on the File
Menu, Print and OK.
When the page is done printing, click on the image of Anne's diary
"Kitty" and to go to the home page of the web site. You will need to
read the articles at the links of "Anne's Story," and "The
Answer all questions completely.
When was Anne Frank
2. What were her parents and sister's names?
3. What war did her father serve in and for what
4. Why is this
5. What did the Dutch Opekta Company
6. When did Germany invade the
7. Where was the Secret Annex
8. Who else went into hiding with the
9. When did they go into
10.Why did they go into
11. How long did they live in the Secret
12. When were they
13. Who were the four
14. When did they go to
15. Who went to Bergen-Belsen and
16. Of all the Secret Annex members who survived the Holocaust
When did Anne
receive her diary and what was the occasion?_________________________________________
2. What did she name her
3. Why did this diary become so
4. Did Anne intend to have the diary published and
"Publication of Diary"
1. Who published her
2. Why did he publish
3. How many copies have been
4. How many languages has it been translated
"Authenticity of Diary"
1. What does authenticity
2. Who questioned the authenticity of the
3. Why did they question
1. Which entry did you feel is the most moving and