Notes to Parents/Guardians
To ensure success of Cambridge Chinese School (CCS) programs, parents/guardians are requested to take notice of the following regulations:
1. Cooperation of parents/guardians with CCS is required. Please let your child understand that following student rules, respecting teachers, being courteous, and maintaining discipline are required in all CCS programs.
2. The CCS classes are held following each program¡¯s schedule. Please take students to assigned program/programs and pick them up on time. Please note that there is a fine for picking up late in the after-school program and the summer program. Parents/guardians and students are requested to remain in designated areas and do not enter private areas.
3. Parents/guardians are responsible to pay tuition on time, please refer ¡°CCCC Fees and Refund Policies¡± attached in the Application Form for details.
4. Parents/guardians and students are requested to respect school property. Parents/guardians should understand that conducting any unauthorized activity in school community is not allowed (e.g., sending unauthorized email to school mailing list, put unauthorized advertise in school post area, etc); parents/guardians should also understand that compensation must be made for damaging school property; for any serious violations to school regulations, the school reserves the right to issue warnings, expulsions, or law enforcement, which ever apply.
5. Please not park in the docking area, as it may be used for loading or unloading at any time. Car will be tolled on owner¡¯s expense if it is reported parking in docking area.
6. Last, but most important, please do not let your child bring any dangerous articles or valuable items to CCS. While students in their assigned program, CCS is responsible for their safety. After assigned program, parents are responsible for the safety of their child/children. No children younger than six are allowed to stay in school by themselves; no children younger than twelve are allowed to leave the building by themselves; parents should take the consequences if they leave their younger one in school without attending any school program. Parents/guardians must sign the Emergency Consent Form. The CCS, teachers, and staff members will not assume the responsibility for any accidents incurred during participation in the CCS programs. If parents or doctor can¡¯t be reached in case of an emergency, consent is hereby given that the student receives medical treatment.
All students should understand that every student attends the CCS program voluntarily. To ensure the success of CCS programs, students are requested to obey the following regulations:
1. Please pay full attention in your class, participate enthusiastically, maintain class discipline, raise your hand before speaking, and do not leave your seat without permission.
2. Please be courteous to teachers, parents/guardians, and school staff, take initiative in greeting teachers and your fellow students.
3. Please be friendly to each other, be helpful, and try to learn from each other.
4. There will be no fighting and no swearing in any circumstance in the CCS programs, if you made a mistake, you must admit it and apologize.
5. Bringing dangerous articles to CCS is strictly forbidden; please do not bring valuable items to the program.
6. Please take good care of school property, compensation must be made for damaging school property.
7. Please keep your classroom clean. If you use any item that belong to a specific classroom, please put them back after you¡¯re done.
CCCC Fees and Refund Policies:
1. Registration Fee:
For all CCCC programs, there is a $15.00 of non-refundable registration fee for each new student sign-up, and for existing student when each time new class/classes sign-up or switch class.
2. Refundable Security Deposit:
a. For summer school - the security deposit is $100.00 for each student with separated check.
b. For all other programs - the security deposit is $50.00 per each new student.
c. The security deposit for Summer school will be refund to you at end of the program if the student has a clear balance (no pick-up late fine, etc.). The security deposit for all other program will be refund to you when student leave from the CCCC.
3. Late Fee: Late fee ($10.00 per student) will be charged if tuition is paid after the following due days:
a. For summer school - five school day before each attending session for each student;
b. For all other programs - the 4th school day of each semester (last Sunday in September and last Sunday in February for weekend program) for each existing student .
4. CCCC Coupon:
a. For summer school - each student will receive a coupon (10% of tuition) at end of the summer;
b. For all other programs - the 3rd 2-hour-class and thereafter will receive a $10.00 coupon, this is not apply for parent program;
c. The coupon can be used for any other later programs.
5. Bounced Check Fee: $20.00 fee will be charged for each bounced check.
6. Refunds, Withdrawal, and Cancellation Policy:
For any cancellation for any reason, processing fee will be charged per following schedule:
a. Tuition refund with $5.00 fee if withdrawing 5 school days before the class begins;
b. 50% refund if withdrawing 2 school days after the class started;
c. 25% refund if withdrawing 3 school days after class started;
d. There is no refund after class started for 4 school days;
e. If class/classes have to be cancelled due to teacher¡¯s sickness (short notice), weather condition, or urgent special event (electric out of order, etc), if such cancellation are less than three times per semester, no refund or make-up class/classes will be issued;
f. If students can not attend the class/classes for any reason, no refund/credit will be issued.