1. If you have to poop, the best place to do it is right beside the litterbox. Your person will appreciate your not messing it up after they spent so much time getting it clean. If you can't make it there, the next best place is in front of the door.
2. Do not allow closed doors in any room. To get a door open, madly dig at the carpet in front of it. Your person may have put down carpet protector in front of the door. DON'T MESS UP THEIR CARPET PROTECTOR. Dig at the carpet just beside it. When the door opens, do your best imitation of a streak of greased lightning.
3. If a guest seems to be afraid of you, investigate him first. Try to crawl up his pants leg to become better acquainted. If you get stuck, digging will help you wiggle just a little bit further.
4. If any guest remarks on how adorable you are, nip her on the nose to demonstrate that you have a playful side too.
5. Accompany guests to the bathroom, this is the best time to investigate their clothes.
6. If one of your humans is working, sewing, knitting, or writing and another is idle, stay with the busy one. Get right in the middle of whatever he is doing. This is known as "being helpful."
7. For book readers, it is most helpful to crawl across the pages of the book. Try to stick your head between the pages and see how far they have read.
8. When supervising cooking, get right behind your human's feet. You cannot be seen, therefore you stand a better chance of being stepped on, picked up, and consoled. If done right, this often results in a treat from the guilty human.
9. It is important to get enough sleep during the day so you are fresh during the optimum play time between 2:00 and 4:00 A.M. preferably on your human's bed so they can join in the fun.
Most importantly, begin people training early. Humans are difficult to train, but they can be taught if you start early and are consistent.
Many Thanks to Victoria Foster
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If it's in my paw, it's mine.
4. If I saw it first, it's mine.
5. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
6. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
7. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
8. If you are playing with something and put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
9. If I'm breaking or hiding something, all the pieces are mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours, when it's fixed, it's mine.
11. If it looks just like mine, it's mine.
12. If I think it's mine, it's mine.
13. If I let you play with it, it's mine.
14. If I can drag it under the couch, it's mine.
15. If it's out of your reach, it's mine.
16. If it's food, it's mine.
17. If I lose interest in it...it's STILL mine!
Many Thanks to Britt and Boo_Boo the Fuzzy-Butt
and to Adrianne, and Cuddles (her owner) who added onto it.