White Onions (Small) 1
Jalapeno Peppers 2
Curry Leaves* (Optional) 10
Coconut Milk 1 can
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.
Urad Dhal* 1 tsp.
Cooking Oil 3 tbsp.
Salt 1 tsp.
*(available in Indian Grocery Stores)
0) Chop Onions and peppers.
1) Steam cook potatoes, peel and mash
2) Heat the oil in a sauce pan till oil starts vaporizing.
3) Add mustard seeds and Urad Dhal to the oil and let Urad Dhal turn brown.
4) Add the chopped onions, pepper and curry leaves.
5) As the onions turn reddish brown, add the mashed potatoes and sautee for 2 minutes
6) Add Coconut milk and let the mix boil for 2 minutes.
7) Add salt to taste and serve hot.
This makes a great side dish for Idlis and Dosas.*
* South Indian steamed rice cakes and rice crepes.