All LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, LEGIONNAIRES and related characters, elements, logos, symbols, etc. are copyrights, trademarks, and owned by DC COMICS and used without permission. This site is not used to make a profit for myself, rather it's purpose is to attract more people to the great comics of DC COMICS.


SUPERBOY AND TRIAD: THE ODYSSEY.

CHAPTER 3: First Encounters.

By: Matt Taylor

"This is the 547th century, huh?"

"Yeah, it's awfully different from the 30th."

"I noticed. Look at it, I don't even see any cars on the ground." Superboy pointed upward to all the small, flying machines in the air over them.

"Don't you think it's weird that we just materialized out of thin air, and no one notices?" Triad motioned towards all the people around them. They had not even noticed the two young hero's appearance.

"Remember the time bands? They must have activated the instant we got here." Superboy looked down at his and noticed a flashing light that wasn't active before, the band was obviously working.

"Oh. So I suppose we should get to that weapons depot." Said Triad.

"Chronos said we would appear right at the depot." He turned and saw a large futuristic building, that, despite it's futuristic décor, was obviously a warehouse. Superboy, noticed that it was much bigger than any warehouse he had seen before. And there was a huge ship anchored next to it. It was built to look almost like a ship that Superboy had seen the navy use, but it was floating in the air! It was armed with many large cannons, on the top and along the sides, and there where a lot of what were obviously starfighters landed on the top.

"Whoah! Major Sci-fi stuff here." He said.

"I noticed. Come on, let's get to that depot." Triad and Superboy took to the air and toward the building, flying to avoid the carriers that flew by them constantly. They landed at the front and tried to open the door, Triad gasped to see her hand went through it. Superboy saw this and realized that they must be intangible as well as invisible, they both stepped through the door and into the depot.

"Jeez, look at this stuff." Superboy said. All of what looked like hand weaponry was small, and could easily be held in the palm of your hand. There was much bigger stuff though.

"That's armor?"

"Looks like it. It's awfully big though."

"Epoch is bound to come by here." Said Superboy.

"Should these things tell us when he gets here?" Triad asked.

"Hopefully. Of course since he's a villain he'll probably make his presence known."

"More than likely. You're absolutely sure these workers can't see us?" She was obviously still unsure about the time-bands, and to tell you the truth, he was as well. Of course they were the only things that could get them out of this time.

"I'm sure 'Lu, don't worry." He said as he put an arm over her shoulder.

"Sorry, it's still sort of weird." He had to agree with that, he had gone through time before but never like this.

"Hey, at least I got you here." He said. She started to blush a bit at that. He came down a  bit and kissed her, she put her arms around his shoulders and returned it. He broke it after a minute, and said...

"You're not bad at this." He said with a smile.

"Same to you handsome."

"Well, once this is over, where do you want to go?"

"Go?...Oh,....I don't know." Luornu hadn't thought about that. "We'll deal with that later, for the moment let's concentrate on this."

"Actually I think it's a good idea." Said Triad Orange as she triplicated. "We need a plan once this is done."

"Oh, stop being so jumpy, Orange." Purple piped up. "We got plenty of time, in fact we got all the time in the world."

"C'mon guys, we don't want anyone to hear us." Neutral said. Purple rolled her eyes and pointed out the now triplicated Time-band she wore.

"Don't worry, we still got the bands, remember?"

"Okay, girls, that's enough." Said Superboy. "I agree with Purple on this one. Right now we should concentrate on watching for the Time Master." Purple smiled a smile of victory, and Luornu merged back into one.

"Is it always like that between you three?"

"Yep, it's really annoying knowing there are two people in you who are always arguing."

"It sound frustrating."

"It is, but I'm stuck with 'em." She said with a smile. "Come on, let's see what we can find out about the weaponry here."  They walked up to what looked like a computer stationed on the side of the wall.

"You think we can figure out how to work this thing?" Superboy asked.

"I think so Kon-el." Said Triad. "It looks pretty simple." She looked down and the buttons seemed to describe themselves. She tried to push a button, but her hand went through the board.

"Great, we're still intangible." She said. Superboy started to fiddle with some buttons on the time-band. He felt a small zap of power, and looked around to make sure the guards still couldn't see him. They were still walking around there posts and didn't see them. Superboy slowly reached his hand down and to the button, to his surprise the button moved down, and the screen came on. The words "speak commands." And a small microphone came out of the control board. Superboy slowly lowered his mouth to the mike and said...

"Weaponry information?" As he said through the mike, and hundreds of weapon's came on to the screen, each one followed by information on the weapon itself.. But it was all in an alien language.

"Can you understand that language 'Lu?"

"No, it's no language I've seen before. Try to ask for English?" Superboy spoke the word "In English," to the computer, and all the words became English. That reminded Superboy of something.

"Luornu. I know it's a little late to be asking this, but, why are you speaking English?"

Triad got an embarrassed look on her face and said. "I learned it last year. Learned it for real. It was sort of a hobby."

"Oh, well I suppose it's easier for me, I only know a few words of Interlac." Said Superboy. Does this say anything about that ship outside?"

"I haven't seen a picture of it yet. Let's try asking." Triad leaned down close to the small mike and said. "Do you have any information on the ship outside?" All of sudden there was an image of the huge battleship on the screen, several words came across the screen.

NAME: THE MAROYBIA
STATUS: Cruiser class battleship.
WEAPONRY: Heavy artillery guns and alpha wave cannons, deeps space depth charges, alpha class star-fighters.

"I have no idea what any of those things are, but I don't know if I want to know." Said Superboy. Triad nodded agreement and turned away from the screen.. Suddenly there was a beeping sound from her time-band, which was soon joined by one from Superboy's.

"Looks like our pal's here." He said.

"Let's stay together okay. If this guy really did conquer the world, I don't want to fight him alone." Said Triad.

"Okay, let's go try to find him." They walked through the halls of weaponry, avoiding soldiers wherever they could. The beeping on the bands grew more constant as they walked.

"I guess that means we're getting close." She said. The beeping was starting to get annoying now, but they still had not found any trace of the Time Master.

"We should have found him by now." Said Superboy.

"Maybe we aren't thinking the way we should." Said Triad. All of a sudden there was a loud alarm and red lights flashed through the weaponry.

"What is that?"

"I don't know, but I have a good idea." He took to the air with Luornu close behind him.

"Where are we going?"

"Back outside. I know what he's after!" Sudden understanding glimpsed in Triad's eyes as she realized just what he was talking about. She upped her flight rings speed as they got to the open doors, which were already flooding with exiting soldiers. They flew out through the door and saw a horrific sight. The battleship they had seen was now floating away, and from the looks on the soldier's faces and the shots being fired at it, it was obvious it wasn't supposed to.

"Come on 'Lu." Yelled Superboy as he took off after the ship. Triad was right behind him as they flew up at the ship. From the looks of it, it was going into space. Superboy and Triad landed on the deck. While the ship looked like an older navy ship, say from Superboy's time, the looks of the place up close said it was clearly not.

"Jeez. Look at this place!" She said. "It's eons ahead of the stuff we have in the 30th."

"We'll look around later 'Lu. Right now we need to find Epoch." Triad reluctantly looked away from the huge guns on the deck, and they flew up towards what looked like the main bridge. The landed on the roof.

"We're almost out of atmosphere." Said Triad as she noticed how far from Earth they where getting. Out at the farthest reaches of the atmosphere she could see what looked like a ripple in space. Obviously Epoch's way out.

"How do we get in?" She asked.

"You see a door anywhere?" Triad looked around.

"No. We're going to have to make our way in." She said with a smile. Superboy understood and brought his fist up. It slammed down and into the metal covering the main deck. He ripped up a large whole and they both slowly hovered into the darkened room.

"It's so dark." Superboy said.

"He probably doesn't need light to see." Triad said.

"How can you tell?"

"I don't know. It's usually one of those super-villain things."

"Right you are young lady!" Both of them jerked around as the voice boomed through the cabin. The lights went up and they saw him standing there. Dressed in the same liquid metal armor that he had used when he first took over the world, stood Epoch, the Lord of Time.

"Epoch, I presume?"

"Yes I am, young Kon-el. Don't be surprised, I looked up your names when I found out you were after me. There are files on both of you in the main super-powers library in the 57th century."

"Excuse me if I'm not impressed." Came the voice of Triad purple as she triplicated into her three bodies.

"Ah yes, Miss Durgo. One time Legionnaire, who supposedly disappeared one day in the 30th century to "go think", she, of course, never returned."

"So you know that to?" Said Orange.

"Yes. I guess the "never returned" part is up to me." With that a blast of energy came from his hand as it morphed into a cannon. Purple somersaulted out of its way. Superboy took to the air then and rammed fist first at Epoch.. His punch seemed to stun him for a second, and he tried to follow it up, but was caught off guard by a bolt of energy from behind Epoch. He looked up and saw several, small floating devices coming from an open door.

"Guard units. Designed to protect the ship at night. I, of course, took control of them when I took over the ship's main system. Quite handy at attacking aren't they?" Said the smiling man as he looked over the fallen Superboy. Suddenly he found himself struck from all different sides.

"Sorry pal! But you'll see I'm not the type of person you can ignore!" Yelled Purple as she landed another kick at his head. "Let's see how good you are at fighting three people at once."

"Move him back against the wall!" Neutral yelled to the two others. They started to back him up to the wall, and finally they had him pinned. Purple brought her fist up and held it over his face. She was about to strike when everything went fuzzy. She grabbed her head and she morphed back into one, before falling to her knees, still holding her head. Superboy had gotten to his feet and felt it as well.

"Ah, the rip in time I left above the atmosphere." Said the Time Lord triumphantly. "Sadly I am not yet strong enough to take on both of you, but that will change soon." Superboy managed to get enough control of his senses to run at the fallen form of Triad and hit a button on his time-band. Both disappeared. Neither of them had to experience at time travel to survive going through this kind of rip in reality. This one would have to go down in the loss column for them.

END OF CHAPTER THREE.

Back to Fan Fiction | Back to the Menu | Next Chapter


All text copyright© Nik Stanosheck, 1998. This page and all herein may not be used by others without the express and written consent of the owner of this site.