All LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, LEGIONNAIRES and related characters, elements, logos, symbols, etc. are copyrights, trademarks, and owned by DC COMICS and used without permission. This site is not used to make a profit for myself, rather it's purpose is to attract more people to the great comics of DC COMICS.


Academy Daze -- A Bouncing Boy Elseworlds Fan-Fic

Chapter 3

A story by Tynne

"...and if you can free all of the 'hostages' from the central lobby this drill can be considered a success...doubly so if you keep the perpetrators from stealing the 'power crystal'...any questions?" Bouncing Boy glanced at each face of class 1A. Comet's face was a bit hard to read at times, but he seemed calm. XS smiled brightly. Cera looked a bit anxious, but wasn't in a panic. "Okay then...let's do it!"

**********************************************************************

*Spoing* *Sptang!*

"*OOF*!!!"

"Bouncing Boy!!! Oh GAWD I'm so sorry!"

"I'm fine Cera...I should've been more careful with my bounces, didn't mean to get in the way of your...*...LOOK OUT!!!"

"EEEP!!!"

"S'okay. Got-her, yes?"

"Thanks Comet. Fast thinking. Speaking of fast...if that blur who freed the last hostage is XS, then we can focus on stopping the lead baddies from reaching the core..."

**********************************************************************

"Well, all in all this drill turned out good. Some things to note are that the telepathic earlpugs need to be utilized more..."

"Sorry Bouncing Boy. I forgot that my voice sounds like buzzing when I zip around."

"Oh, it wasn't just you Jenni...I forgot to use mine too. And found out what a wallop Cera here packs. Good job on that Cera...you're practice has really payed off!"

*Whisper* "Why is Cera...getting red?"

*Whisper* "It's called 'blushing' Comet...I think it's because she's proud of what Chuck just said or...*..."

"Or?"

"Never mind."

**********************************************************************

Welcome to Total Update-Winath's hottest news!!!

Chosen Update-LSH:

LSH defeats Grimbor! *see story*

Saturn Girl & Cosmic Boy make charity appearence! *see story*

Legion Academy to recieve visit from core team! *see story*---Story opened-
-
-
- *LEGIONNAIRES LIGHT LASS, BRAINIAC 5, BLOK, SHRINKING VIOLET, TIMBER WOLF, WILDFIRE, MATTER-EATER LAD, TRIPLICATE GIRL, & CHAMELEON WILL BE ARRIVING FOR A TOUR AND EVALUATION OF PROGRESS OF THE RECENTLY OPENED LEGION ACADEMY NEXT MONTH. PUBLIC SESSIONS WITH ADMIRERS ARE EXPECTED TBA SOON.*

"Well, well, WELL...and not a telepath in either group...hmmmm...this could be VERY fun...oh boyyyyyssss....I have a new caper planned...one worthy of my royal status..."

**********************************************************************

Plaid Lad sat at the bar, downing yet another cheap drink.

"'S jus'...not...not...FAIR!!! The Subs rejected me! Sai...said...my powersh aren't ash good ash C-COLOR KID'S!!! Well I told them they coul....could take 'der ....coul'...*BELCH*.."
In the seat adjacent, a man in a bizarre full body green costume of a vagely insectlike appearence paid for another cheap drink for both of them.

"It's a very sad story" said the man. "I know what it's like to be rejected...and you say your problems started with this...'Bouncing Boy' fellow rejecting you from the Legion Academy? Hmmph...what a snob!"

"Yeah...*BAWRSH*"

"Ah...don't cry..you're old uncle Ambush Bug will see to it that this'Bouncing Ball' of a person gets his comeuppance...and if I'm right...the best time will be next month...hee-hee! Come with me Plai-oh...he's passed out. *grunt* heavy..."

*pop*!!!!

Both figures vanished...neither left a tip.

**********************************************************************

In the Academy rec room, Comet and XS sat with Power Boy and Catspaw from team 1B watching the latest entertainment vid arrivals.

"...and that's how I ended up realizing I had something to contribute to the Legion. And your power is MUCH less wonky than mine Cera...by the time it matures you should make a fine Legionnare."

With that line Bouncing Boy entered the room with Cera right behind.

*Power Boy whispering* "She needed ANOTHER one on one session?"

*XS* "Well...in our second drill she messed up...accidentally hurt one of the staff members when her TK gave out."

*Catspaw* "Ouch. Is he okay?"

*Comet* "Yeah...but he got really hot under the...erm...what is the idiom?"

*Power Boy* "We get the picture."

**********************************************************************

Dear Journal:

Some days I wonder why I even have these powers if they're just going to geek out on me. Every time things get really bad though...it's good that a teacher like Chuck is around to make me feel better. He's so nice. And smart. Cute too. I'm being stupid...he's a teacher, not a classmate even though we ARE the same age...

...maybe I should end this entry now.

**********************************************************************

From: TriGirl@LSH.org

To: BBoy@LegionAcademy.com

Subject: Heya!

Body of Message

Only one more week 'til the inquisition...*Mwa-Ha-Ha-Ha*!!! ; ) But seriously We're looking forward to this inspection Chuck. We miss you and Val, and are hearing good things about the success of the Academy classes.

There's something I want to ask you after we arrive...*insert ominous music here* :)

C-ya!

Lu, Lu, & Lu.
**********************************************************************
Next-The big inspection! Saturn Queen! A much better action scene! Bouncing Boy....HEARTBREAKER?!?

To be Continued ya' know!

Back to Fan Fiction | Back to the Menu | Next Chapter


This page and all herein may not be used by others without the express and written consent of the writer of this story.