All LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, LEGIONNAIRES and related characters, elements, logos, symbols, etc. are copyrights, trademarks, and owned by DC COMICS and used without permission. This site is not used to make a profit for myself, rather it's purpose is to attract more people to the great comics of DC COMICS.


Academy Daze -- A Bouncing Boy Elseworlds Fan-Fic

Chapter 4

A story by Tynne

The Guide to Super-Beings of the Old Earth Era-

*Entry Ambush Bug*

Real Name: Irwin Scwab

Species: Human

Gender: M

Age: ?

Origin: ?

A bizarre costumed being who seemed to be neither "hero" nor "villain", just a nuisance to both. Had an insect-like green costume apparently fused to his body, and the ability to teleport, limitations not known. Vanished shortly into the early 21st Century after and encounter with Rip Hunter (See *Rip Hunter-Time Master*) that resulted in the Bug being tossed randomly into the Timestream. Hunter considered going to find him, but vanished himself soon after. While a quest for Hunter did occur, a similar quest for Ambush Bug was never taken...lack of interest being the only explanation.

**********************************************************************

"GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!!"

Chuck opened his eyes. He was lying an a large and spacious field. His flight ring was missing from his ring finger. So much for calling for help. The weird green bug guy who called himself "Ambush Bug" was standing nearby...and by him was....

"Plaid Lad?!?"

"Yes Bouncing Boy. Me. Plaid Lad. The hero you humiliated and rejected. I've come for my revenge!!!" Plaid Lad glowered down at Chuck. Chuck regarded him for a moment.

"I see you're wearing my flight ring."

"Yes...I intend to use it once I've trounced you and PROVEN once and for all that I am far superior to some guy who can bounce off of walls. The Legion will know what they passed by! Ambush Bug here will record the whole epic fight!" Plaid Lad beamed as he recited this speech. Chuck closed his eyes and mouth tightly...screwed them shut. Ambush Bug grinned.

"Oooh..look how SCARED 'Bouncing-Baby Boy' is now!!! You gonna cry now baby? You gonna cry???"

"*BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA*!!!! *snort* AH-HAH-HAH-HAH-AHOO- HOO-HOO!!!" Bouncing Boy was doubled over...in laughter. He lifted his face up to the shocked Bug & Lad, tears of mirth streaming down his face. "I'm...'I'm sorry *hic-up*...but after the day I've been having...this is just so...so...PERFECT...*BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAA!!!" Chuck doubled over again. "I th-thought that it was Saturn Queen's goons or someone DANGEROUS who had captured me...and it's j- just...*Hoop-A-HOO-HOO-HOO-HA-HAH*!!!" Plaid Lad couldn't take much more of this. He lunged at Chuck, snarling. In an instant, Chuck's costume was...plaid. That set Chuck off again. for ten minutes. Plaid Lad started to sob. Ambush Bug pondered the scene thoughtfully.

"You know...I'm starting to like this guy."

**********************************************************************

(In a shuttle flying across Winath's skies)

Karate Kid- Whoever kidnapped Bouncing Boy wasn't smart enough to turn off the tracker in his ring. We should find him soon enough.

Matter-Eater Lad- Good. Chuck-O deserves a break after what WE put him through today. I still can't believe that "Killer Queenie" took over our mission so quickly. Still...nice gams on her.

Everyone Else- *gasp*!!!

Matter-Eater Lad- Kidding...kidding...kind of.

Triplicate Girl- Poor Chuck! This just isn't his day...something or someone was bothering him before he vanished. If only he would have told me-

*shift* Forget about him! We KISSED him and all he cared about was some other-

*shift* Oh QUIET down! Chuck may be in great danger! Still...kissing him WAS a bit mu-

Cera Kesh- Chuck is in trouble...and that's ALL that matters right now. It's not like he's anyone's private property.

Triplicate Girl-*reintegrates* You're right. You're in his class, aren't you?

Cera- Yeah. He's a very special teacher. I like...I mean he's great.

Triplicate Girl-*thoughtfully* He is indeed.

**********************************************************************

"Look....PL...I don't hate you. It was nothing personal. It's just there's not much that can be DONE with...uh...your unique talents."

"I can do a LOT!!! A lot more than YOU!!!" Plaid Lad gestures and the field turns plaid. "See?!? A villain would be confused by that! Scared!!! What could YOU do, lardball?!?"

"This...squaj." Bouncing Boy inflates.

*Boing-Spa-Boing*

"OOOOF!!!!!...*huh*...I can't...*huh*...inhale...oh grife..."

"Sorry. But you DID ask."

"Hey! Can I bounce on your tummy?"

"No, Ambush Bug. NEVER."

"Awww...it's the kid-napping thing, isn't it?? C'mon...we can put that behind us...say...is that a shuttle overhead?"

**********************************************************************

From: BBoy@LegionAcademy.org

To: TriGirl@LSH.com

Body of Message:

Thanks for contacting Kal-El and the rest to help with the clean-up and rebuilding of the Academy Lu. And for the new costumes...again.

Cera, Comet, & XS are doing well this month. They're eager to help out the new recruits Team 1A is scheduled to recieve next month. My team is judged to first one ready to expand membership AND begin patrolling the local system...Val says I'm getting a bit TOO inflated for him whenever that comes up. ;)

Thank you for understanding about well...I really do like you. A lot. But I think we're both correct in that we're not ready for a "boyfriend-girlfriend" steady thing yet.

Since you asked-Cera hasn't brought up her feelings about what happened, but she is a lot more cheerful and upbeat lately. She's almost outdoing XS on that account, and that takes some doing. She's even hinted that she has someone in mind to ask out to the upcoming Academy Dance. Nice girl. She deserves it.

**********************************************************************

"I wonder what Chuck will think when he finds out WHO Cera has in mind for a date?"

"I still can't believe you're being so generous...you KNOW Chuck likes all of us...and YOU certainly like him..."

"That doesn't mean I OWN him..."

"Lucky Cera."

"Speaking of 'owning' sisters...I'd love to 'own' Brin...whatta hunk!"

"If you like modern-day werewolves I suppose...which I do!"

"I can't *BELIEVE* you two are part of me!!!"

**********************************************************************

The End...For Now. :)


Back to Fan Fiction | Back to the Menu


This page and all herein may not be used by others without the express and written consent of the writer of this story.