All TRIAD, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, LEGIONNAIRES and related characters, elements, logos, symbols, etc. are copyrights, trademarks, and owned by DC COMICS and used without permission. This site is not used to make a profit for myself, rather it's purpose is to attract more people to the great comics of DC COMICS.


The Fire In Which We Burn

Chapter 3

A story by Nik Stanosheck and Mark Weisenberger

Tinya returned to where Triad and Umbra were and explained to them that the boys had been kidnapped by a pair who intended to use the boy's genetic makeup to create super-soldiers which would be sold to the highest bidder.

"Then perhaps we should be the highest bidder," said Triad.

"What?" said Tinya and Umbra in unison.

"I have a plan," said Triad, "we just need a few things for it to work!"

Meanwhile, back on Earth, Chuck Taine was sitting in the cafeteria drowning his sorrows in a hot-fudge sundae with extra fudge as Tenzil and Kinetix looked on.

"We really should do something," said Kinetix, "I hate seeing anyone that depressed!"

"So do I Zoe," said Tenzil, "but what can we do?  I've been trying all day to cheer him up, but he hasn't laughed at any of my jokes."

"I don't think humor is what he needs," said Zoe.

"What do you suggest?" asked Tenzil.

"He needs a girlfriend to get his mind off Lu."

"Are you volunteering?" Tenzil inquired.

"Nah," said Zoe, "he's kinda cute, in a teddy bear kinda way, but he's not exactly my type."

"So who should we set him up with?"

As if it was an answer to Tenzil's question, Vi walked into the Cafeteria at that moment.  Zoe and Tenzil looked at each other and smiled.

On Anesecs II, the girls were ready to put their plan into action.  Lu and Tasmia, disguised using clothing and skin pigmentation that they picked up in a small Anemic town, approached the entrance of the compound.

"Take us to Cosvarr and Zorla," Lu said to the guard at the door.

"Who are you?" asked the guard.

"Let's just say we're interested in certain...products that they deal in," said Tasmia.

"I'm sorry Miss," said the guard, "but I can't let you in."

"You can let them in," said a voice from behind the guard.  "We're always looking for new customers, especially ones so lovely.  I'm Cosvarr," he said, kissing Triad's hand.  "What exactly were you girls looking for?"

"We are in need of weapons to help us fight the tyranical government on our homeworld," said Lu.

"I'm sure we can find the type of thing you are looking for," said Cosvarr letting them in. 

The girls followed Cosvarr, and as soon as she knew she wasn't being observed, Lu triplicated.  Triad Neutral stayed with Umbra and Cosvarr, while Orange and Purple went to meet up with Tinya who had phased into the compound again to show Lu where the boys were being held.

It didn't take long for Tinya and the two Triads to find the boys.  Unfortunately there were two guards guarding the door.  Fortunately Triad Purple had a plan.    She went over and flirted with the guards, as Tinya phased through the wall, and went up behind the guards and knocked them out.

They quickly opened the containment units and let the boys out.  They brought them to a wall which would lead to the outside.  "SB," said Triad, "can you make an opening in this wall."

"Well of course I can Lu," said Superboy, cracking his knuckles, "It's a sinch using my patented tacktile..."

"Can you spare the lecture on your power and just do it?" said a still weak Ultra Boy.

SB put his hands on the wall and burst a hole in it and the six of them left.  At that moment the alarms caused by the rupture in the wall told Triad Neutral and Umbra that it was time to make a hasty retreat as Umbra to use her shadow-casting powers to hide their exit.

Everyone met back at the campsite, and decided that their camping trip was over and it was time to head back to earth.

Back in the 20th Century, at the Cadmus Project, Dubbilex was training Krypto to use his new powers when he heard the alarms sounding.  He used his telepathy to check what the emergency was, and gaspped in horror as he sensed what was wrong...The Cadmus Project was under attack, by Match!


(to be continued soon!)


Back to Fan Fiction | Back to the Menu | Next Chapter


All text copyright© Nik Stanosheck, 1998. This page and all herein may not be used by others without the express and written consent of the owner of this site.