Title: Conversatoin in the Dark Author: Dana Quell Rating: G Keywords: J/C Summary: The captain and her first officer have a little heart to heart discussion. Disclaimers: I do not own Kathryn Janeway or Chakotay, they belong to. . . guess who! Paramount and Viacom! Big surprise there. Hehehe. This story idea is mine, though. Do not distribute without my permission. Author's Notes: I know, I know, I should be working on "The Ship Voyager", but I'm kinda having writers block on that one part. Once I get more ideas for it, though, it'll be rolling. This is just a short story (really short!) that I wrote today when I got really really bored. It's good, I think. I might write a sequel if enough feedback comes. "Conversation in the Dark" By Dana Quell "Kathryn?" a voice called out from the darkness. She had never expected to hear that voice again, but here it was, and she was grateful. Kathryn Janeway coughed. "Chakotay? Is that you?" she asked hesitantly. "Yes, where are you?" his voice called through the night. "I don't know. Here. You came for me," was her reply. "You sound surprised. How could I not come for you?" he said, his voice drawing nearer. "You disobeyed a direct order, Commander. I specifically told you and Tuvok not to come after me if my mission did not succeed. I'm surprised Tuvok let you." "Tuvok had no choice. I ordered him to let me. But you know as well as I do that the crew needs their captain. And I need my captain. I can't abandon you. I've told you that time and again. Why can't you believe it?" Kathryn was silent for a moment. "Maybe because I'm afraid to." "Why are you afraid to? Why can't you just admit to yourself and to me why you're really holding back?" "What am I holding back, Chakotay? My feelings? The warm fuzzy feeling that I get whenever you walk into the room? My love for you? My . . . love for you." There was silence for a few minutes, and then Kathryn felt a hand on her sleeve. She whispered his name, and in reply he placed his arms around her waist, and pulled her in a tight bear hug. Then he pulled away, and his lips found hers. They kissed, and then he pulled away once more and Janeway stood in the dark for a few minutes, alone, and utterly despaired. "Computer, end program," she said at The computer beeped it's reply, and the room returned to its normal, boring gray. Janeway then spun on her heels and raced out of the holodeck. End "Conversation in the Dark"