Thus They Died By Dana Quell The snow fell gently around the couple that shivered from the cold, swirling with the wind and playing tricks on the eyes. Neither paid attention to it, but they both knew subconsciously that this change in the weather would, at least partly, define their future. All they were concerned about was each other. The woman huddled in the man's strong embrace, a final means of accepting their fate and what it brought. The man didn't mind; hell, he'd been waiting for her to accept the idea of them together for years. Still, an embrace was an embrace. It grew colder and colder, and still they waited in silence for something to happen. They were expecting their deaths, but still hoped for their dedicated crew to rescue them. Their doom pounded in their ears in the form of a delicate snowflake hitting the ground and joining with the others. They tightened their embrace as it grew colder. Sleep weighted down their eyelids, and, though at first they fought it, they began their descent into unconsciousness. Accepting their fate, their final thoughts were of their beloved. Thus they died, cold but not alone. The crackle of a forgotten system came five minutes too late. {Captain Janeway?....... Commander Chakotay?...... please.... in. Are you.....? If..... there.... please respond.} Nothing but the silence of a cold winter responded.