"The Day Tuvok Laughed" By Dana Quell Captain Kathryn Janeway woke up with a start. Something was wrong. Things weren't ususally like they felt like this particular morning. Then she realized that something had woken her up. Or rather, the lack of something had woken her up. The computer had fialed to put to use the alarm. "Computer, what time is it?" she asked. The time is 0821 hours," the computer stated, voice smooth and monotone. "Shit!" she yelled, throwing back the covers and leaping out of bed. She was late for her shift on the bridge. Cursing under her breath, she ran around her quarters trying to get herself ready for her shift. She threw off her pajamas and stepped into the sonic shower. When that was done, she pulled on her uniform and ran a brush through her hair, not glancing in the mirror on the way out to the bridge. In the corridors, she passed two laughing ensigns who could barely contain their hysterics to acknowledge the captain. Kathryn frowned, but didn't say anything. Instead she hurried along to the turbolift. Entering, she saw a young ensign and smiled. The ensign smiled back nervously. "Deck one, bridge," she said. Risking a side glance at the ensign, she saw he was barely containing laughter. Before she could say anything, however, the turbolift doors opened to reveal her destination. Kathryn sighed, then stepped off. Hearing the hysterical laughter of the ensign, she turned around and gave him the patented Janeway death glare before the turbolift doors closed. The ensign immediately shut up. "Captain on the...." Tuvok began. When he saw her, really saw her, he began giggling. Soon the giggles turned into full fledged laughter. "I...I must apologize...Captain," Tuvok said between his laughter. "I am...attempting to gain control...but it's just...impossible." Kathryn turned to the rest of the bridge crew, who were having no better luck containing their laughter. "What, is the whole crew overcome by some alien virus that makes everyone laugh, even Vulcans?" she asked, trying to give everyone the Janeway death glare. For some reason, it was only making them laugh harder. "You could say something like that," Chakotay answered, gasping for breath. Kathryn raised an eyebrow. "I want all of you down to Sickbay then." Out loud, she wondered, "I wonder why I wasn't affected." This only seemed to make the crewmembers laugh even harder. "Perhaps...perhaps you should go down to Sickbay," Tuvok offered. "What? I demand all of you to tell me what's going on." Chaktoay stopped laughing just long enough to say what he needed to say. "Can I speak to you in your ready room, Captain?" She nodded, and led a hysterical Commander to her ready room. "Now, what's this all about?" she asked after the doors had closed. "Were you..." Chakotay started. He began again after a fit of laughter. "Kathryn, were you aware that your hair is blue?" "Blue?!" she repeated, bringing her hand up to touch it. "Surely Neelix had a party last night and you're still drunk. You can't be serious!" He nodded in reply, and handed her a mirror. "You are serious." Now Kathryn knew why all the ensigns had been laughing, as well as Tuvok nd the rest of the bridge crew. Her hair was indeed blue. But how? "Tom," she growled. It was just the sort of prank he'd pull. Chakotay only cackled in reply.