"The Day the Earth Trembled" "Mulder, are you almost ready?" Special Agent Dana Scully called to her partner, Fox Mulder, through the connecting door of their motel rooms. He opened the door. "Yeah. Once we load up the car, I just want to visit one more place before we head to the airport." "Where could you possibly want to visit?" Scully asked him, stepping up to him. "Area 51 is in New Mexico, not California." "Ha, ha. Very funny, Scully. I actually wanted to see an exhibit in the San Fransisco museum. It's only going to be there for a few more weeks, and I doubt I'll be able to get away from work while it's here. It's the last stop in a national tour, and from here it goes to England." Scully shrugged. "Sure. I guess it'll be okay. I just don't want to miss our flight. What is this exhibit anyway?" "It's an exhibit on alien astronauts, and some archaelogical evidence that some archeaologist found on the subject." Scully sighed, then picked up her bags and headed out the door to the car. ***** Scully waited near the exhibit impatiently, while Mulder talked to the guide. She peered at the glass, and seeing nothing that proved anything, turned to her partner. "Mulder, are you almost ready to go? Our plane leaves in forty minutes, and we need to be there in ten." Mulder turned to her. "Yeah, sure. I'm almost ready. Just hold on a minute. I've got one last question." He turned back to the guide and began to ask his 'one last question'. But Scully was ready to leave now and didn't feel like staying any longer. "Mulder," she warned. This time he turned all his attention from the guide and got the message. "All right, Scully," he replied rejectedly, casting his head down and following her lead out of the exhibit room. Before they could get very far, however, the room shook, the floor tossed up, and the ceiling began to crumble overhead. Scully turned to Mulder, only to see a column fall between them. She heard a noise overhead, and glanced up. The last thing she saw before she blacked out was a huge chunk of the ceiling fall on her. "Scully?" Mulder called after he was sure the tremors were done. "Scully? Are you okay? Talk to me, Scully!" No answer. Mulder's instinct took over, and he began to scramble through the wreckage to find her. If she wasn't answering, there was a possibility that she was hurt and unconscious, or even dead- but no, he wouldn't let himself think about that possibility right now. He had to find her and get her some help. He finally came to an obstacle that he couldn't get over or around. The column that had separated them before now lay in his way, unwilling to move. It was huge, and it was too big for Mulder to climb over. He sighed, then turned back the way he came and saw the emergency exit sign. If he could get out of the mnusuem and find help, he might be able to get the pillar moved. Or he could just double back around to the front and go in and get her.