THROUGH OTHER EYES

Chapter Four

Liana reached up and brushed away her tears. They wanted her to cry and there was no way she would let them have the satisfaction. Liana held her head erect and followed the droids into a small secluded alleyway. Liana smiled grimly to herself and pulled a small blaster out of her boot. With deadly precision she reduced the battle droids into heaps of rubble. She closed her eyes and searched for any familiar presence. "Obi,"she whispered as her eyes fluttered open. Her husband and father were here! Liana ran in the direction of where she felt their presence.

Liana soon found herself standing in a secret entrance to the Royal Hangar bay. She could scarcely keep herself from shouting out to her husband. Instead she sent him a thought. Obi-Wan spun around and his face lit up with delight and relief when he saw Liana standing safely behind him. There were other people around him and her father. Liana immediately recognized Governor Bibble, Captain Panaka,and Queen Amidala. She walked up next to her husband and threw her arms around him. Obi-Wan quickly returned her embrace and gently stroked her dark brown hair. Liana looked up into his blue green eyes and smiled weakly.

"I thought I'd never see you again!" she exclaimed.

"I thought I told you to stay at Coruscant," Qui-Gon interrupted.

"I couldn't stay away," Liana replied grimly,"I could feel the suffering of my people and decided I had been away far too long." Qui-Gon laughed sadly.

"You sound like your mother." Liana smiled and asked, "So what's the plan?"

"We're taking the Queen to Coruscant where she will plead her case before the Senate," answered Qui-Gon.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" asked Liana,"Lets go!"


previous chapter | back home | next chapter