Toronto Canada-China Friendship Association
- To promote friendship between the people of Canada and China by fostering mutual understanding and appreciation of each other's society, their historical development and their functioning social and economic institutions.
- To promote cultural, educational, scientific, athletic and other exchanges between the Canadian and Chinese people.
Our activities include:
- public meetings: speakers, panel discussions, films
- cultural and social events: banquets, jiaozi (Chinese dumpling) parties
- mentoring and hospitality: English classes, hosting visitors from China
- publication of TCCFA Newsletter
- Gourmet Dinners
- Learning Tours to China
Meet people who share your interest in China and things Chinese!
To receive information about becoming a member, click on our Information Page.
If you wish to print out a TCCFA membership form, click on the link below:
On Sunday, February 23, York University Professor of Visual Arts Bruce Parsons will speak at OISE on Changes Reshaping Chinese Art 1986-2013 based on his many trips to China as visiting professor at the Zhejiang Academy of Fine Arts in Hangzhou. On Monday, January 27 we gathered at the Lucky Season Hotpot restaurant at Leslie and Highway 7 to warm our cold tummies with Mongolian Hotpot. Thanks to all who came out and thank you to the staff of the Chinese Consulate who attended and bought the wine!
We thank those who joined us on Sunday, November 17 as we presented Bambi Nancy Shen, author of The Uncrushable Rose, a moving and heart-rending memoiróthe story of a girl born in 1939 to a Chinese diplomat in Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam. See our Highlights page for photos.
We thank everyone who came to our event on Sunday, October 20 when we presented author ZoŽ S. Roy. We also thank Ms. Roy for a very insightful presentation.
Our 2013/14 season began, as always, with our Fall Anuual Banquet. This year we returned to the Sky Dragon Restaurant at 280 Spadina Avenue on Monday, September 23. Thanks to those who joined us!
Click HERE for the Year-End Report from our outgoing TCCFA President, Sandra Whittall. Congratulations to our new President Michael Copeland!
Thanks to those who came out to our Annual General Meeting on Sunday, April 14. We held our general elections and there were also book report presentations by Michael Copeland and Marlene Ritchie.
Thanks to those who came out to our next event on Sunday, March 17 as Deanna Yeung will give a presentation on the Potala Palace in Tibet. Check our Highlights page for photos!
Click Here For A Tribute
543 Markham Street