The Spirit of Atva by Tania Rojas (Naturebeau@aol.com) Perhaps it was the disturbing vision that kept Link tossing and turning in the midst of the early night hours. A vision so remarkable and clear, it seemed to have remained permanently in the back of his skull as a bizarre idea that crossed through his mind. Not only had he envisioned such fantasy, but also perceived its every movement, and felt as though he had actually encountered "it" beyond doubt. He dreamed of incomprehensible creatures cloaked in scarlet robes vivid in their resplendent colors. As foolish as it seemed, he envisioned Saria as a member of the party, huddled next to an array of inexplicable characters. Three of them directed themselves at Link as the Shamans of Eternity, warning him of prevailing disasters that would occur. Not only did the Shamans carry an essence of knowledge and wisdom, but were also girls of the most astonishing beauty, with a skin as flawless as the pallid sky and the appearance of venerated goddess. The splendorous faces spoke to him in soothing words and mollifying expressions. However, the pacific encounter was eradicated when the vision turned into a hellish nightmare. An evil man named Gannandorf possessed the throne, which led the Kingdom of Hyrule as ruins of the debacle. Blood, death and sorrow encompassed every single living (and non-living) soul in Hyrule. Link awoke immediately as the horrid vision began to intensify; he could still hear the screams of the Shamans of Eternity begging him to meet the Spirit of Atva, named Kanela in a "human" form. Link recognized the Spirit as the core of benevolence, wisdom, and justice yet he was hesitant on where to begin his search. A myth had encircled Hyrule a few years ago. Apparently, Kanela had lost her sanctity when she fell deeply in love with a man incredibly handsome; who promised her devotion beyond the limits of her divinity. The man named Lobengu was unaware of the power and position Kanela possessed, and Kanela promptly rejected her duties as holy soul and rejoiced her unity with Lobengu. However, Lobengu beguiled Kanela, and bestowed beatings, infidelity, and disrespect. Not being able to contend with his actions, Kanela soon regained a portion of her power and slaughtered the man who betrayed her. She also cursed his family, especially a young lad named Ingo who had dreams and aspirations like any boy his age would. Seeing the ungodly manner Kanela had behaved, she was exiled entirely from her duties as a god. As a reminder of her actions, Kanela felt guilty and dejected, and embarked on living a life of solitude and isolation. However, Link was dubious about his actions to meet the former Spirit of Atva. Later that night, Link continued to experience incomprehensible visions. The Shamans of Eternity begged him to search, and they pleaded that it was the best he could do for his kingdom. Link awoke aching from the visions he saw, but he decided to search for the infamous Spirit of Atva. With a small dagger, provisions and a shield, he set of guided by the morning rays of the golden sun.