Future's End by Peter Michaelson Many years had passed since the evil Gannon had been destroyed by Link. The Triforce was safe, and all thanks to Link. But there was a dark Sorcerer, named Namokas, who wanted the power of the Triforce. He had once been Gannon's apprentice, until Gannon had sent him away for turning his powers on him. Now, Namokas saw his chance to recover the Triforce and prove to Gannon that Namokas was the true master. It was dark outside the castle, a storm raged against the towering walls. Inside, all was peaceful. Zelda sat next to the fire, thinking of Link, wondering where he was in the Lost Woods. He had gone hunting, and was to return the next day. Although, thought Zelda, knowing Link, he'd probably stumble onto some trouble and not come back for days. Suddenly, Zelda heard a voice. "Poor Princess. All alone without your lover to save you. What will you do now?" Zelda stood immediately, grabbing the sword Link had made for her. "I'm not helpless," she said. Suddenly, a dark image began to take shape in front of her. "Of course not, Princess. I however, am not either." Zelda's sword flew from her hand and shattered in the air. A dark mist began to encircle her, and she was trapped. "Now, we have a long journey ahead of us, Princess." He looked away from her. "And an old friend to awaken." Link was awakened by the sound of footsteps. He jumped up and grabbed his crossbow. "Do not fire, sir Link! I come from the castle with horrible news!" Link lowered his crossbow only a little. "Come out from there." It was a man, smaller than Link, and old. "What is the news, old man?" asked Link. The old man lowered his head. "Princess Zelda has been taken. The man who took her left this for you." He handed Link a parchment that read: Link, You destroyed the darkness, and brought out the light. I cannot defeat you, not yet. But soon, Link, I will have power that not even the great Gannon himself did not imagine. You, my friend, are the Link to the Past. I, however, am the Future's End. Link threw the paper to the ground. "That is not all Sir Link! The place that held Gannon's remains, it has disappeared!" Link shook his head. "I must go see the Elder. Go back to the castle. Stay there until I return." Link ran all the way to the Elders home. When he got there, the Elder was waiting. "Link, I knew you would come. Zelda is gone, and so is Gannon." "Where can I find them?" Link asked. The Elder frowned. "The Dark One is no longer a part of this time. I see that he has gone away, to the future." Link nodded. "He called himself the Future's End!" The Elder frowned again. "Link, you must stop him, stop him before he can carry out his fiendish plan! Only you can do it." "But how?" Link asked. "You must journey into the future!" The portal opened, and Link stood ready. "Once you are gone, you will be alone. In the future there are no Faeries, no Magic Potions, no Elders. You must find new ways to stop the Sorcerer." Link nodded, "I'm ready." "Then go, Link. May the Triforce guide your way." Link stepped into the portal, and with a flash of light, he was gone.