The Great Adventure by Nathan Fischer Author's note This takes place some time after The Moblins are Revolting, which is the last episode of the cartoon series of The Legend of Zelda. The only difference from the cartoon is that Link has a sword instead of a dagger. Captured! The sun was just settling up overhead in the sky, shining its rays on the lush green earth outside of the North Palace. A bird flew up over the massive walls of the castle, and lighted on the branch of a tree inside, twittering merrily with a carefree soul. A bard sat on the ground underneath the tree, slowly strumming out a beautiful melody. A melody that made people stop and listen, hoping the song would never end. Water cascaded down from the top of the fountain in the center of the massive structure, creating a minature rainbow that extended from one side of the babbling water to the other. The figure laying on the stone rim of the fountain was oblivious to it all. His outfit consisted of black shoes with gold colored fabric on the top, brown trousers, a long forest green shirt with long brown sleeves, a gold brimmed forest green cap, and a black belt which looped around his waist. Upon this belt was a sheath, and in this sheath was a long sword, it's blade over a foot in length and which cut like a razor. But this was no ordinary sword. This was a sword with magical properties, of such that it could destroy magical creatures in a few blasts. This impressive outfit belonged to a boy who could not have been more than sixteen years of age. This same boy had and was the main protecting force of the Triforce of Wisdom. This same boy... was bored. Link sighed and dipped his finger into the fountain once again, stirring the clear blue waters like he had done so many times in the past hour. He had nothing to do. For once, his room was clean and tidy, the Triforce was safe, and there was no sign of Ganon or his minions. It had been this way for a solid week and a half, and it was beginning to look as if Hyrule had finally ended the threat of Ganon. Link withdrew his finger, and layed down to go to sleep, the soft melody the bard was playing slightly soothing him. No sooner had he closed his eyes than a girl's voice, high in pitch, reached his ears. A familiar voice, that said, "Hi Link! How are you doing?" Link opened his eyes and sighed. The last thing he wanted was to be bothered by people in a good mood. "Pretty good, Spryte. How are you? Given out any life hearts lately?" The faerie shook her head. "No. Business is slow today. But I don't mind. I'm glad for any break from Ganon's attacks." Link sighed. "Can't say I blame you," he half-lied. In truth, he wanted to see in a moblin jump out from behind a bush or something. "So where did you pop up out of?" Spryte sat down on a stone stone to the right of Link, his boredom started to rub off on her. She looked down at her own reflection in the pool, and replied, "Oh, just making my rounds today." Link looked out towards the gate, a wishful look in his brown eyes. "I wonder where Ganon could be?" Spryte's gaze immediately turned from the water to her friend, a questioning look of curiosity in her eyes. "Why? Do you want him to be here?" Link half chuckled, then his expression turned dull. "Not really. I'm just curious. It's not like him to be this quiet." The faerie tried to muster some her legendary knack for turning things from dull to lively. "Oh well. I guess it's a good thing though." Link merely continued looking at the gate, unaffected and definately not cheered up. Spryte mentally chided herself at how small her attempt was. She drew a breath, and was about to try again harder, when a suddenly a thundercloud from out of nowhere blocked out the sun, and a lightning bolt flashed downward toward Zelda's tower. Rain started pouring in great drops, and Spryte felt a chill run up her spine. Ganon was near. She could feel it. Not long after that, a piercing scream filled her ears, coming from the princess' tower. At the scream, Link immediately jumped up, drawing his sword. "So much for the peace and quiet," he remarked as he ran off in the direction of the door leading to Zelda's tower. "Hey! Wait for me," Spryte called to her friend. Just then, another lightning bolt lanced out from the storm cloud, a few feet away from the fountain. If it had been a normal storm, Spryte would have been electrocuted, but this was no ordinary storm. A small electric shock did reach the faerie, however, but it wasn't strong enough to cause any signifigant injury. As the shock reached Spryte's body, she cried out. "Whoa," and took off into the air, heading for her friend. Meanwhile, Link had made it through the door, and was running up the winding steps to Zelda's chamber. One step, another, another, another, another, another. Link's breathing became more labored the further up he went. Just as soon as he thought he couldn't run any farther, the door leading to the princess's chamber loomed into view. Link tapped into his reserves and put on an extra burst of speed, clearing the remaining steps in no time. He turned the latch to the door, and opened it. As his feet hit a red colored rug, Link made a quick survey of the room. No Ganon. No Zelda. There was no one in the room at all. He had begun to quickly search through the room when his fell upon the steps leading up to the uppermost balcony. "Zelda must be up there," Link said to himself. His suspicions were confirmed when another scream echoed from the balcony followed by Zelda's voice urgently pleading, "Help me!" "I'm coming Zelda," Link yelled as he took off up the stairs. No answer greeted him, but he could hear the scuffling of feet. Finally, he threw open the door, and stepped out. Rain carried on heavy winds assailed his body as he stepped onto the balcony, blowing off his cap and tossing his hair around madly. It didn't take any searching to find Zelda and her assailant. In front of him stood a dark purple robed figure with a hideous pig-like face with crimson eyes that seemed aflame. Ganon. Link's breath came in heavy gasps, his body severely overexcerted. A headache pounded on his brain, his legs ached. None of that was noticed by Link as he faced his enemy. "Ganon! You let go of Zelda, or you'll regret it!" A slight smile crept on Ganon's hideous face. "Link! How nice to see you!" Link's angered expression remained unchanged. "Same here. Now, let her go!" Ganon continued to hold onto the struggling princess tightly. His arm rising. Link knew what was coming. A teleportation spell. When a banshee-like scream, Link took off at a dead run for Ganon, his sword arm outstreached. It was too late. A few seconds before the blade would have struck the Prince of Darkness, the princess and her captor disappeared in a massive smoke cloud, Ganon's voice echoing through the air, "Victory is mine!" As the wind died down and the magical storm ceased, Link could only stand there, staring at the spot where Ganon had stood.