The Saga of Link's Past by Link Greene prologue "Impa?" Impa looked up from her letter. She was writing a letter to King Zora on behalf of the King of Hyrule. She had just finished a letter to Daurina, to Mido, the leader of the Kokiri, the leader of the Geredu (Now Narabou), the Kakarikans (Now Link). Zelda still had no idea what the letters contained. "Yes Zelda?" asked Impa. "I was wondering, who are Link's parents?" "Oh Zelda. I don't have the time to tell you that." Zelda sighed. "Where is Link anyway?" "Ever since he conquered Gannon, he has lived in Kakariko Village. He drops by occasionally." Impa thought a moment. "You know, he has kept the Ocarina of Time and the Master Sword and every other item he ever owned - - even the ones he can't use - - as mementos of his quest?" Zelda laughed. "He's weird!" "Do tell..." That night, as Zelda was climbing into her bunk (she and Impa shared a bunk bed), Impa asked, "Do you still want to hear of Link's parents?" "Yes." "Well..." chapter 1 "A Hylian woman was staying in the Fortress. Now, every hundred years a boy was born in the fortress, but on woman had been in Hyrule Castle Town Market and found a little boy. The Geredu woman raised him in the Fortress. The Hylian woman and the man fell in love and had a male child. They named him Link. Of course, the King of the Geredu was also a man, and also in love with the woman. When Link was born, the King became jealous and murdered the man. Frightened, the woman took Link and left the fortress. She was tired and the wars had started. The land was dangerous for her and her baby. When she was about half an hour from the castle, Geredu warriors approached her. Two of them were murderers and the other was the jealous King. His name was Gannondorf. chapter 2 "The woman managed to get to the gate of Hyrule Castle. The King of Hyrule was on horseback. One of his guards was beside him on a horse. The King carried his baby daughter. Her mother had died giving birth. 'What do you want, woman?' the King demanded. 'Please, highness! The leader of the Geredu is after me. He will kill my baby and I!' The King pushed his guard off his horse. 'Take the horse. The safest place I know is the forest. Be gone!' chapter 3 "The woman raced to the forest, the men pursuing her. Gannondorf raised a Magic Arrow of Death. It hit the woman's back. She fell from the horse and ran to the Kokiri. They could not get her now, but she was mortally wounded. She would die by dawn. chapter 4 "The woman talked to the Great Deku Tree. He told her that only one of them could live. The Hylian gave her life for the child. The Great Deku Tree knew as long as Link was in the forest, he could not be harmed. But as a punishment, Gannondorf cast a curse on the Deku Tree." Impa sighed. "Zelda, there's something else I need to tell you." Zelda was half-asleep. "What?" "Your father has died." "What?!" "This morning. He died of old age." Zelda started sobbing. "Zelda, those letters I was writing...one of those leaders...you must chose one to be your husband - - well, not Narabou - - and the King." epilogue The men (Narabou was not there) were lined up. Zelda sighed she did not like this. Only Daurina and King Zora were present. All of a sudden a clatter came from outside the door. In came Link, trying to fasten his boot buckle. "Sorry I'm late..." Together the new King, Link, and his Queen, Zelda, ruled Hyrule. And there the Triforce sleeps - - until next time...