The Secret Sage by Elena L. Sanchez Note: This story takes place somewhere between when Link rescues Nabooru and on the way to Gannondorf's Castle. This is in no way a hint of any sort so please don't e-mail me asking. This is just a story I created and nothing more. chapter one The bright aqua light arose around him once again...He watched as the ancient realm and the Gerudo woman faded slowly like a dim mirage in the summer's heat. The feeling of floating gently like a cloud washed over him once again. The light became brighter yet and momentarily it seemed to blind him. As quick as it had began it was over. The realm was gone and his feet touched the soft ground again. Hyrule field. Link knew it all too well. The land now had almost regain the crystal blue sky that it had lost due to the evil unleashed by Gannondorf. Gannondorf. Link's finally opponent. Link slowly looked around Hyrule field. He remembered being a child and first venturing out of the warm comfort and coziness of the only home known to him called Kokiri Forest, and seeing the vast land of Hyrule. He remembered everything. Everything stayed fresh in his mind as if seven years had only been seven minutes ago. Then there was Zelda.. "Hey!" Navi shouted to him rather noisily. "Link! Hello!" she yelled, eager to get his attention. Link looked up at the fairy slowly. "Link, shouldn't we be headed to the Temple of Light? We were told to go there! Come on!" Link noticed the little fairy's excitement. Her enthusiasm. Her anxiousness. Link didn't share any of it. "Navi...Call me crazy but I'm not in any hurry to face Gannondorf..." Link muttered sourly. Navi flew about him in a frenzy. "Link! Time is running out. Fast...Don't you remember Zelda? It was her final wish Link...You ar-" "Navi...I know I know...Hyrule's final hope..." Link said with a tired sigh. As Link argued with Navi the sun slowly set and the land began to darken except for over Hyrule Castle where it always remained dark with evil clouds surrounding the castle like lost souls. "Okay...We can go...just calm down!" Link said, giving Navi a reassuring smile. "We'll get there..." "I don't entirely trust you..." Navi hinted. She didn't trust that childish smile he still kept. "Right after...we- " The night had fallen and for the first time Link actually seemed to notice. The night breeze was soft and cool. Both Link and Navi were silent for a brief moment. The wolf howled it's long piercing howl. "Well, great...Now it's night and we're still not at the Temple..." Navi whined. Link sighed once again quickly tiring of Navi's eagerness. "Navi I really -" Link paused. The night was softened with a slow sad song. "Link...what was that? Malon?" "I-I don't know...I don't think so..." Link answered Navi. He strained his ears listening closely. The tune rode on the wind. It was a soft sad melody as if someone was pleading for help. The voice was much softer than Malon's and it sounded like glass. It sounded so delicate that even the tiniest thing may have shattered it. He and Navi both listened intently. "Hey! Link it's coming from..." But Link had already caught her drift. "I know ...Zora's Fountain..." chapter two Link ran with all his might across the vast field that was Hyrule. He feared that if the morning came he would lose track of the voice. Link kept his eyes glued somewhere on the road ahead of him and on the dark sky, which seemed to turn to dawn way too quickly. The voice became louder and more and more clear as Link entered Zora's River. "Link! Watch out!!" Navi yelped as an odd creature emerged from the rushing river. It shot a boulder at him but Link was too quick. He whipped out his shield and blocked just in the nick of time. The boulder shattered into tiny bits as it hit the Hylian Shield. Link didn't bother with the bow. He ran straight, jumping the gap over to the other bank. Eventually he reached the waterfall. Dawn now was coming on quickly. Link put the Ocarina of Time to his lips and blew, playing the familiar tune of Zelda's Lullaby. "Hurry Link! Dawn is almost here" Navi said, hurry in her voice. The morning rays of the sun filtered over the waterfall, turning the mist of the waterfall into a golden orange. Link jumped through the waterfall, which by now had come to a slow. The gust of icy air hit Link in the face. He shivered, but kept going. Why Zora's domain had to unfreeze was a mystery to him. He didn't get it. He had awakened Ruto as the Sage of Water. He had defeated Morpha, though he had nearly killed himself in the process, and he had restored Lake Hylia to it's original form. Ahhh well. No time to ponder that now... Link thought to himself. Dawn by now had surely come. The voice stopped. Perhaps it was Malon. She seemed to stop singing once the sun came up. No no...It couldn't be...why would Malon be way out here. NOW the suspense was getting to Link. He was just plain curious now. He ran faster and faster. He felt his legs burn as if they were on fire, but he kept going all the same. "Link we're almost there!" "I know I know!!" Link said with much enthusiasm. Link ran past King Zora who merely gave him a look as though the boy who was to be Ruto's husband was purely insane. Link reached the spot finally. He glanced around. "How will we ever find the entrance now?" Navi asked, disappointment speckled in her voice. "Simple" Link replied, pulling the Ocarina out of his pocket. Link blew once again and played The Sun's Song. The night came ever quicker and Link heard the howl of the wolf. "Hello?!" Link yelled, searching. "Hello!!" Link became puzzled. The singing began again. This time it was a different tune. Slightly happier. Link followed his ears till he hit a wall. "Ouch...Navi I..." "The lens! Use the lens!" Navi shouted. Link got up, rubbing his face which was sore from the rock hard wall. He used the lens and peered around. Low and behold just inches above him was an entrance. Link used the hookshot to get up. The voice was crystal clear, but inside the passage it was dark as coal. Link came forward slowly. He held his breath and finally he saw it. All his hard work had led to... A hole which could only be squeezed through as a child.