1. Finite Element Techniques
Applications of the front end commercial software
(NASTRAN, ANSYS, NISA, etc) in the design
validation of engineering components & structures encountered in Aerospace, Marine, Automobile, Earth Moving
· Linear and nonlinear stress calculations
· Eigen value analysis and transient response studies
· Shape, structural and section optimization
· Fatigue, fracture and creep analysis and life estimation
Study of impact
mechanics problems and simulation and analysis of crash phenomenon
(DYTRAN, DYNA 2D/3D):
· Foreign object impact on flying aircrafts (Bird ingestion analysis)
· Damage studies due to impact of bullets and missiles
· Simulation and study of crash phenomenon due to collision of automobiles, marine structures, etc
Characterization of mechanical behavior of composite materials
using linear and nonlinear Finite Element
· Metal matrix composites
· Ceramic matrix composites
· Fiber reinforced composites
2. Boundary Element Methods
Applications of Boundary Element techniques in the study of stress analysis problems:
· Plane stress and plane strain problems
· Axisymmetric problems
3. Expert Systems
· Expert systems for the study of failure mechanisms and failure envelops for composite materials
· Fatigue and fracture analysis of steel and composite structures using expert systems.
4. Experimental Methods
Applications of photoelastic
methods and strain gauge techniques in the study of fracture
and contact stress problems:
· Transmitted light photoelastic techniques in the study of two-dimensional fracture mechanics problems
and evaluation of Stress Intensity Factors (SIF's)
· Scattered light photoelasticity in the investigation of three-dimensional fracture mechanics & contact
5. Kinematic/Dynamic Analysis of Engineering Mechanisms
· Development of computer programs for the kinematic & dynamic analysis and simulation of planar mechanisms.
6. Composite Materials
· Characterization of Mechanical Behaviour of Composite Materials.
· Failure Theories and Envelopes for Composite Materials.
7. Impact Mechanics
· Study of Impact Mechanics Problems by using Hydro-Codes.