Well we went and bought a pop-up camper. We bought it from Morgan RV in Houston. The sales man was not very help full and it took 2 weeks to get the camper. The flood did not help any. That accounted for at least two days of waiting. It took so long because they had no air conditioners for the campers and I think they forgot to order it when I bought the camper. Why would any RV dealer have so many campers but not keep any air conditioners on hand. Enough about them.
The pop-up is a Rockwood Premier 2302. The camper did well on the trip. I would recommend it but be sure to inspect it and insist that every thing be fixed before you take it. We where in a hurry and tired of waiting for it.
1. Easy to set up.
3. Good layout.
4. Good introduction to RVs.
5. Campsites are more affordable than hotels.
6. The size makes it easy to pull and park.
1. Refrigerator pilot would blow out while driving. I would have to use 12V while driving instead of propane.
2. Water heater pilot would blow out while at camp site and I would have keep checking it.
3. Screw mount broke off on counter that pivots up and down for sink.
4. Flat tire with under 3,000 miles use.
5. The camper would fish tail when I tried to go over 70 mph. I could go over 70 but when trucks passed or when it was windy the camper would start to wiggle from side to side. I will try better rear shocks on my mini van and also a different hitch to level out the camper. For now I will just stay under 70.