Testing is required only under Section 59-65-40; therefore, testing is only required by state law if you homeschool through the school board of the district you reside in. However, each umbrella association decides whether testing is or is not required for their members. CHASE SC does not require testing. If you would like to test your children even though CHASE SC does not require testing you may contact the following for information on their testing programs:
1. HSLDA web site: http://www.hslda.org/ email address: email@example.com Tests HSLDA members may rent from HSLDA-
The Woodcock-Johnson PsychoEducational Battery-Revised, Tests of Achievement: This individually administered test is useful for children who may not test well in a group setting. It must be administered by a special education teacher.
Brigance Diagnostic Inventories: These are tests that parents or professionals may administer to determine what skills a child has or has not mastered. These tests are used routinely in public and private schools to develop an IEP.
Inventory of Early Development (yellow) — birth through developmental age 7.
Inventory of Basic Skills (blue) — grades K-6.
Comprehensive Inventory of Basic Skills (green) — grades preK-9
Inventory of Essential Skills (red) — grades 6-adult.
You may purchase the Brigance Diagnostic Inventories from Curriculum Associates, Inc. at: http://www.curricassoc.com/.
2. Academic Therapy Publications http://www.academictherapy.com/ 1-800-422-7249 - Offers a catalog of testing resources.
3. Bayside School Services http://www.baysideschoolservices.com/ 1-800-723-3057 CAT/5 & TCS/2 - These test are administered at home by the parent.
4. Bob Jones University http://www.bjup.com/services/testing/ 1-800-845-5731 Offering a variety of testing materials for the homeschool family.
5. Christian Liberty Academy http://ebiz.netopia.com/clpress/pageoflinks/ 1-847-259-4444 CAT
6. Dr. Joe P. Sutton http://www.edtesting.com/ editor of the book, Special Education: A Biblical Approach and co-author to, Strategies for Struggling Learners: A guide for the Teaching Parent, is a certified educational diagnostician and experienced special education teacher. He offers the following services to home educators: screening tests, disability evaluations, diagnostic skill evaluations, achievement tests, and special education consulting. Arrangements can be made for on-site testing in home school communities. 1-803-967-4729
7. (Retired) Dr. John Blanchard 1-425-822-2772 - 12721 NE 100 First Place Kirkland, Wash 98033 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Christian resources for Dyslexia and other learning disorders.
8. Family Learning Organization http://www.familylearning.org/ 800-405-TEST CAT-5, Metropolitan & Non-Test Assessments
9. Hewitt Educational Resources http://www.hewitthomeschooling.com/test/tmain.asp 1-800-890-4097 - PASS Test for 3rd - 8th. This test is administered at home by the parent. It was designed for homeschoolers.
10. John Hopkins University's Institute for the Academic Advancement http://www.jhu.edu/gifted/edplan/dcc_sca2.htm 1-410 516-8301 - SCAT & STEP
11. Harcourt, Inc. http://www.hbem.com/trophy/achvtest/index.htm 1-800-211-8378 - Stanford 9 and 10 Achievement Test
12. Sycamore Tree http://www.mailordercentral.com/sycamoretree/ 1-800-779-6750 CTSB
13. Thurber's Educational Assessments 400 Clayton Road Chapel Hill, NC, 27514 - California Achievement Tests (C.A.T./5) administered by the parent in the home. Discounts for families with 3 or more children testing and groups of at least 12.
14. Inland Empire Home School Center IEHSC P.O. Box 1750 Airway Heights, WA 99001 Phone: 509-299-3766 testing and assessments. They offer a mail-in assessment service that could fit your family's needs.
15. Nelson http://www.nelson.com/nelson/assess/test-ind/stan-b5.html Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales, Fifth Edition The Fifth Edition of the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales (SB5) includes comprehensive coverage of all five domains and the ability to compare verbal and nonverbal performance.
16. Nelson http://www.nelson.com/nelson/assess/test-ind/dg-supp.html Diagnostic Supplement to the WJ III Tests of Cognitive Abilities The Diagnostic Supplement (DS) expands on the Diagnostic capabilities of the WJ III Tests of Cognitive Abilities and provides a more complete evaluation of an individual's relative cognitive strengths and weaknesses.
17. Nelson http://www.nelson.com/nelson/assess/test-ind/dean-w.html Dean-Woodcock Neuropsychological Battery The Dean-Woodcock Neuropsychological Battery (DW) is a new comprehensive assessment of sensory-motor functioning that includes a structured interview and emotional status exam.
18. Nelson http://www.nelson.com/nelson/assess/test-ind/bender.html Bender-Gestalt II The Bender Visual-Motor Gestalt Test, Second Edition (Bender-Gestalt II) is a brief assessment of visual-motor integration that may provide interpretive information about an individual's development and neuropsychological functioning.
19. Nelson http://www.nelson.com/nelson/assess/group/bear.html Basic Early Assessment of Reading (BEAR) The Basic Early Assessment of Reading is a suite of four criterion-referenced assessments of beginning reading and language arts skills for Kindergarten through Grade 3 students; designed to work with your existing reading program.
20. Nelson http://www.nelson.com/nelson/assess/aseba/aseba.html ASEBA Child Behavior Checklists The Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment is available for Pre-School Age (ages 1.5-5), School-Age (ages 6-18).
21. Nelson http://www.nelson.com/nelson/assess/gatb-crs.html GATB 1-800-914-7776, ext. 331
22. Remember to check with your local support group to see if they will do any group testing.
~ CHASE SC Lifetime Membership Application ~ CHASE SC Yearly Compliance & Update Form ~
~ SC Support Groups ~ SC Accountability Associations ~ Q & A About CHASE SC ~
Be Prepared, Evaluations, Assessments, Report Cards, Planners, Goal Sheets, Sample Letters, Transcripts, High School Course Credit & Syllabus, Diplomas, Journals, Logs, Checklists, Traveling Through Time Timelines, Other Helps for the Homeschool (Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies), Postcards, and Getting Organized in Your Home are the categories you can choose from.
Q. Can you provide other forms on your web site?
A. As time permits, we would be happy to serve you with as many forms as we can. Please email us and let us know what you'd like to see, CHASESC@chasesc.com.
Please contact our webmaster if you find any links that are not working, or if you encounter any difficulties maneuvering at the CHASE SC site.
CHASE SC gives permission to all homeschooling support groups and individual homeschoolers (for personal use with homeschooling records only) to copy any CHASE SC information in its entirety if 1) copies are not sold at a profit (a reasonable charge for copying is acceptable), and 2) if you note on all copies that you 'Reprinted with the permission of CHASE SC, PO Box 58, Ruffin, SC 29475, Email address: CHASESC@chasesc.com, Web Site: http://www.chasesc.com.' All rights are retained by CHASE SC for CHASE SC documents, information, and forms available throughout the CHASE SC web site.
All others may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information obtained from this site without the explicit written permission of CHASE SC! You may not send, or cause to be sent, any part or anything posted on this site without the explicit written permission of CHASE SC!