REYNOLS started its activities in
1993 in Argentina. Since that date the work of the band has been
basically oriented to improvisation,droning and deep experimental
research, etc.,employing diverse acoustic & electric
instruments, tapes and electronics.The group is lead by Miguel
Tomasín, an amazing musician who suffers from Down´s
Syndrome.The fact that Reynols integrates a handicapped member is
not casual, actually the band´s forrays into musical
experimentation are guided by the inmense freedom of Tomasín´s
mind, giving a challenging and unique character to this
project.The line-up is completed with musicians Robeto Conlazo
& Anla Courtis.In 1995 Reynols released the first
dematerialized CD called "Gordura Vegetal Hidrogenada".
In 1996 they started releasing stuff outside their country. At
the moment the band has more than 50 releases in Europe, USA and
Japan.During the years the band´s activities has included:
concerts for plants, tributes to dry ice, psychic energy
refractions with toothbrushes, noise performances in public
squares, etc. the band also has manofacturated selfdesigned
electric guitars and other electric instruments.During 1999
Reynols has been involved in several collaborations projects with
the acclaimed american composer Pauline Oliveros. The band
remixed Oliveros´s live stuff in a CD called "Pauline
Oliveros in the Arms of Reynols" and played an internet
concert with her in 1999. In august 2000 Oliveros & Reynols
played together some concerts in USA including a performance at
Lincoln Center on her "Lunar Opera" that was the
begining of the REYNOLS USA TOUR 2000.
Recent Reynols releases are the "10.000 Chickens Symphony" on Drone Records (Germany), a CD made only with processed "Blank Tapes" released by Bernhard Günter´s label Trente Oiseaux (Germany),"Barbatrulos" and "Minecxio" LP & 7" released by Freedom From (USA), "_ _ _ _ _ _ _" recently appeared on Betley
Welcome Careful Drivers (UK) and Black Bean & Placenta (USA)and the European re-release of "Pauline Oliveros in the Arms of Reynols" on Cream Gardens (Netherlands).
Articles and interviews on the band can be found on:
The Wire (UK),Bananafish (USA), Muckraker (USA), The Sound Projector (UK),Musicworks (Canada), The Chicago Reader (USA), Nashville Scene (USA), Columbus Alive (USA), Houston´s Other, Speeder (UK), etc.
At this moment Reynols is working in many projects including: a record made with processed carbon and air amplification project and the composition of a piece for the Deep Listening Band.
-"Gordura Vegetal Hidrogenada" (1995) no label .Argentina.
- "Bolas Tristes" (1996). Matching Head. UK.
- "Roto Chivas 268" (1997). Matching Head.UK.
- "Oreja de tipo oreja Simbo" (1998). Gurteltiertapes. Switzerland.
- "Live in Argentina Vol.1" (1998). LNP. Netherlands.
- "Live in Argentina Vol.2" (1998). Scrotum Records.Germany.
- "Loh Fenser Patagonia" (1999). Semi-Roar. Japan.
- "Peloto Cabras Mulusa" (1999): White Tapes. USA
- "Sonirdo de lo Mofifero" (1999). American Tapes. USA.
- "Lo cabachua lo come de lo conejo" (1999) Spite. USA.
- "Polos Mosco" (1999) Polyamory/Freedom From. USA.
- "Pauline Oliveros in the Arms of Reynols" (1999). White Tapes. USA.
- "10.000 Chickens Symphony" (2000) Drone Records. Germany.
- "Blank Tapes" (2000) Trente Oiseaux. Germany.
- "Barbatrulos" (2000) Freedom From. USA.
- "_ _ _ _ _ _ _" (2000) BWCD/Black Bean & Placenta. UK and USA.
- "Minecxio" (2000) Freedom From. USA
- "Lo Pollo de lo vivos" (2000) Childish Tapes. USA
- "Pauline Oliveros in the Arms of Reynols"(2001)Cream Gardens.Netherlands
- "Air Amplification Mogal" 7" on SSS Records. USA
- Reynols & Prick Decay collab LP on Freedom From. USA.
- "Live in Chicago" CD on Carbon Records. USA
- "Live in Ohio" 7" on Black Bean & Placenta. USA
- REYNOLS/NO-REYNOLS double CD. Freedom From. USA
- Pauline Oliveros & Reynols "Netcast 1999" no label yet.
Note: This compilation of material was donated to this site by the band.