Guilford Yates For Dummies
Click on the image for a larger picture.
What is widely known, guessed, or surmised about Guilford Yates
- His Clan - Openly known information
- His Age - Information gained by conjecture
- Between 170 and 150 years, or between 150 and 130 years, approximately
- The portrait of Elizabeth Chapel Yates at the Conservatory gives her lifespan as being from 1844 through 1905
- Guilford Yates is frequently seen staring at the portrait
- The woman is likely his wife or his mother
- Her lifespan would put him most likely in the 170 to 150 range if she was his wife, and the 150 to 130 range if she was his mother
- His Derangements
- Fanatic Loyalty to the Camarilla - Information known within the Camarilla - Status 2 or above to know, Status 1 or 0 may make a reasonable guess
- Obsession with Time or Punctuality - Conjecture - based on frequent checking of pocketwatch, and large number of time pieces kept in office
- His Habits and Quirks - Information gained by observation
- Obsessively Formal Possible derangement?
- Attitude Towards Women - Old-fashioned, tends to be shocked about women fighting, though is less shocked by vampire women being warriors than by mortal women fighting
- Walks with a cane, and needs it, due to a serious limp
- All Yates Construction buildings design for ease of use for disabled
- Emotionally Distant
- Appreciates Initiative
- Hates Disrespect
He was hard on new people, but he really meant to be tough but fair. The page was written a few months into his stint as Prince. I do miss playing him!
- Guilford is always formal, and will expect the same. No first names. If someone only gives one name, Guilford will attach an appropriate title (Mr. or Ms.) to it.
- Guilford will ask: What will you do to serve sect and city?
- He wants to know your specialities and areas of expertise
- He wants to know how committed you are to the Camarilla
- He wants to know if you can use your talents creatively
- He wants to see if you will show initiative
- If you impress him with your answers, you will do well
- If your responses are neutral, you will neither be in favor or in disfavor
- If you do not show any sort of interest in helping, or if your behavior is not respectful, you will be in poor standing.
- Poor standing can be improved with actions
- If you show no interest in helping and lack of respect, you may not be acknowledged as Camarilla at all
- This status may change through action as well
- Players who have difficulty coming up with ways to serve sect and city can contact Guilford's player ooc for tips and hints
- New players, if you get stuck oocly, ask for help oocly
- Remember, he's insane!
Return to the Other WoD Page