1 medium Melongene or Egg Plant
1 finely chopped Onion
1 chopped Sweet Pepper OR 2 chopped Pimento Peppers
2 tbsps. chopped Parsley (*if available*)
1 tsp. Oregano
2 tbsps. Oil
3 tbsps. Whole Wheat Flour
4 to 6 buttered sliced Bread2 to 3 medium Tomatoes
1. Peel the melongene, dice and cook in slightly salted water until tender. Drain and save the liquid;
2. Heat the oil, sauté the seasonings;
3. Add the flour, stir and gradually add 1 cup of the saved liquid;
4. Stir in the melongene;
5. Line the buttered baking dish with the buttered bread and pour ½ melongene mixture over it;
6. Cover with the sliced tomatoes and another layer of melongene;
7. Sprinkle top with wheat germ, dot with butter and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes at 350ºF.
Please feel free to visit our site at < http://go.to/culinary_ arts > anytime. New recipes are always being posted and you to can be able to post a recipe of your own to share with the world. Thanks for your patronage.