1) What is the minimum age at which you can get a Class C drivers license without either drivers education or being a hardship
18 years old.
2) How much is the maximum fine for a first conviction of driving without a license?
3) What type of restrictions may be placed on your license?
A. With corrective lenses
B. LOFS age 18 or over
C. daytime only
D. Not to exceed 45 MPH
E. No expressway driving
I. M/C not to exceed 250 cc
J. Licensed M/C Operator age 18 or over in sight
L. Vehicle w/o air brakes- applies to vehicles requiring CDL
M. CDL Intrastate Commerce only
P. Stated on license
Q. LOFS 18 or over vehicle above B
R. LOFS 18 or over vehicle above class C
S. outside Mirror or hearing aid
T. automatic transmission
U. applicable prosthetic devices
v. Applicable vehicle devices
W. Power steering
4) In what direction should you turn your wheels when parking uphill without a curb?
Turn wheels to the right.
5) What action should you take if you fail to receive the renewal notice card reminding you that your drivers license is
about to expire?
Renew your license.
6)Ona one-way street, what color is the broken lane marker?
7) Describe the yield sign?
An upside down red triangle with an upside down white triangle inside that has the word YIELD in red, in the middle of
8) What does a Narrow Bridge sign look like, and how should the driver react when he sees one?
Two roads that shrink down in the middle section. Slow down and continue with caution.
9) What is the shape of a Keep Right sign, and how should the driver respond to one?
Rectangle. Keep right!
10) Which sign tells you to slow down because you are approaching a double curve?
The sign that show an arrow curving twice.
11) What does a Do Not Pass Sign mean?
Do Not Pass other road users.
12) What sign tells you to keep in the right hand lane when driving slow?
The Slower Traffic Keep Right Sign!
13) What does Yield Right-of-way mean?
Wield right of way to other road users in the intersection.
14) Describe the equipment required on passenger cars by state law.
Foot brake- Must stop car within a distance of 25 feet at a speed of 20 MPH
Parking Brake- Should be adequate to stop and hold car.
Two headlights- One on each side on the front
Taillights- All vehicles shall be equipped with two taillights, except that models manufactured prior to model year 1960.
Brake lights- all vehicles shall be equipped with two brake lights except that models made prior to 1960.
Turn Signals- Every motor vehicle, trailer, semi trailer, and pole trailer shall be equipped with electric turn signals.
License Plate Light- a white light lighting the rear license plate when the headlights.
Reflectors- 2 red reflectors, one on each side of car placed at a height of 15 to 60 inches and visible up to 600 feet.
Parking lights- white or amber on the front, red to the rear.
Horn- must be heard for a distance of 200 feet.
Muffler- a muffler and exhaust system- all 1968 or later models must be equi[[ed with an exhaust emission system to help
reduce air pollution.
Safety Glass- all new cars must be equipped with safety glass. All replacements of glass for any car must be with safety
License Plates- must have one valid plate at the front and one at the rear of passenger and commercial vehicles except
dealer plates and those commercial vehicles that are only issued one license plate.
Wind shield wiper- for safety in bad weather.
Rearview mirror- shall be so located as to be able to reflect a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet
to the rear of the vehicle.
Slow-Moving Vehicle Emblem- Vehicles designed to travel at 25 miles per hour or less must display the slow moving vehicle
Front seat Belts- are required equipment if seat belt anchorages were part of the original equipment of the automobile.
Tires- All vehicles are required to be equipped with tires that are in 0proper and safe condition with a minimum tread
depth of 2/32nds of an inch.
Fuel Cap- the fuel cap on gasoline-powered vehicle from 2 to 24 years old will be checked to determine if the fuel cap
is missing or defective.
15) What is the purpose of an exhaust emission system?
It helps reduce air pollution.
16) Describe the types of equipment which Texas state laws specifically forbids on passenger car cars driven within the
Red lights showing from the front on anything but an emergency vehicle.
Bells, sirens, or exhaust whistle on anything but an emergency vehicle.
A muffler out out
Anything that extends more than 3 beyond the left side or 6 beyond the right side of the body
Flashing red lights on the front.
17) How should you react when a traffic officer tells you to do something which is ordinarily considered to be against
You do what he says anyway.
18) Once the brakes have been applied, about how many feet does a car which was going 70 mph travel before it comes to
387 feet to stop.
19) When is it necessary to stop before proceeding when you overtake a school bus loading or unleading children?
Whenever you are on the some road-way
20) About how many feet will the average driver going 50 mph travel from the moment he sees danger until he hits the brakes?
110 miles per hour.
21) Within how many feet of a crosswalk may you park, when parking near a corner?
22) What is the state speed limit for automobiles in urban districts?
23) Does a posted speed limit of 55mph mean that you may drive 55 mph on that highway under all conditions?
No, adjust speed for driving conditions.
24) You should never drive on the left half of the roadway when you are within how many feet from an intersection, bridge,
or railroad crossing?
25) What should you do if you discover you are in the wrong lane to make a turn as you enter an intersection?
Stay in the lane and change after the intersection.
26) When two cars meet at the intersection of a two-lane road with a four lane road, which one must yield the right-of-way?
Yield to vehicle on multi-lane highway.
27) If you are driving and hear a siren coming, what should you do?
Slow down and yield the right of way to them.
28) What is the first thing that should be done when a car starts to skid?
Dont slam on the brakes. Take you foot off the accelerator.
29) At what time of the day should your headlights be turned on?
½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise.
30) Under what conditions may your drivers license be suspended?
Anytime you abuse the privilege of drivers.
31) What is carbon monoxide, and how may it be harmful to drivers?
A deadly gas that cars produce. Its fatal when inhaled.
32) Describe what you should do if you have a blowout while driving?
Dont stomp on the brakes, take off your foot and gently apply brakes steer straight ahead to stop.
33) What should you do when driving down a steep grade in a car with standard transmission?
Use law gear to slow down the car.
34) What should you do if you damage an unattended vehicle?
Locate the owner
35) When are accident reports required?
36) If you are required to show proof of financial responsibility for the future, how many years must such proof be kept
37) What type of sign warns you to watch right and left for cross traffic?
38) Describe the emblem which identifies vehicles which travel at speeds of 25 mph or less?
39) In which gear should you drive when going down a steep hill?
40) What qualifications must one have one have to teach a beginner to drive?
41) If the person is under 18, when does his provisional license expire?
42) When parked parallel, your curb side wheels must be no more than how many inches from the curb?
43) When following another car what is a good rule to determine the distance at which you should follow behind?
44) To what agency and within in what time period must a change of address be reported for drivers license purposes?
45) What effects does the use of marijuana and amphetamine have on driving?
46) What is the penalty for being convicted of DWI?
47) What is a green arrow showing with a red light mean?
48) How should you react to a flashing red light?
50) Describe the sign which warns you to slow down for a winding road?
51) What sign indicates that the road that you are on merges with another?
52) What kind of sign warns you that the highest safe speed for the turn ahead is 25 mph?
53) Describe the sign that tells you to watch for cross traffic ahead?
54) what type of sign warns you that you should slow down for a sharp rise in the roadway?
55) describe the type of sign which would let you know that you were on a short state highway in a city or urban area.
The guide sign which identify the type of street and gives a # all in black.
56) What is the maximum number of inches that you may lawfully allow an object to extend beyond the left fender of your
57)Under what conditions must you always stop?
a rail road track with a train on it or coming, Solid red light, blinking red light, rail road gate down, stop sign, a
man holding a stop sign, traffic accident.
58) What should you do when coming onto a street from a private alley or driveway?
Yield right of way to all road users.
59) If a child runs into the road 45 to 50 feet ahead of your car what is the highest speed from which you can stop with
good brakes without hitting him?
Less than 20
62) What is the maximum speed limit for passenger cars on Texas Highway numbered by
63) Under what circumstances should you never attempt to pass a car ahead of you?
65) When a driver is waiting to make a left turn what is the procedure he should take
69) You should dim your lights when you are within how many feet of an approaching car?