Fanfics

I am a fanatical fanfic writer. ^_^. Anyway, after I noticed that my works were taking up more than half the page, I thought it wasn't fair to the other writers that I was hogging all the room, so I moved them here. Also, cuts page loading just a little.

I like feedback and don't mind criticism. This is the one place where I can keep every Pokefic I've written (even the really lousy ones ^_^;). They're roughly in the order I wrote them. Some of the earlier ones were written before episodes we now consider common (from Cinnabar Island onwards) had aired, which is why a number of things in earlier fics may be incongruent with the actual series. In the same way, gold and silver Pokemon weren't around for most of my stories.

The challenges I refer to at times are suggested by people on the Pokemon fanfic list.

Current number of fics: 75

I Can't Think Of Decent Fanfic Titles To Save My Life

This fic is not to be taken seriously. ^_^. Fanart done by yours truly.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Stepping Back

A short story about stepping back from a destiny you thought was yours... a Gary fic.

Stepping Back

Sincerity

A more serious story, where the characters for once reflect and act upon things with sincerity, not their normal careless good humour or arrogance.

Part 1 - Mewtwo's view
Part 2 - Gary Oak's view
Part 3 - James' view
Part 4 - Meowth's view
Part 5 - Ash Ketchum's view
Part 6 - Misty's view
Part 7 - Brock's view
Part 8 - Jessie's view
Part 9 - Loose Threads
Part 10 - Future Settled
Part 11 - Setting Sun
Part 12 - Pay Day
Part 13 - Sharp Contrasts
Part 14 - Bridging Gaps
Part 15 - The League

Cupid's Arrow - He Needs to Work on his Aim!

A short, rather silly story that was in response to a writing challenge on the Pokemon Fanfic mailing list... the challenge was to write a ridiculous-couple romance. ^_^.

Cupid's Arrow

Relenting

A slightly longer short story, in response to another writing challenge... this one was to write a tragedy, so I gave it a shot. In it, a character relents; gives in to the pressure on them and gives up everything.

Relenting

Inspiration Muyo

The title means No Need for Inspiration, more or less, which is appropriate given that this was a response to a challenge asking us to write a fic about absolutely nothing. ^_^.

Inspiration Muyo

Doing Things the Hard Way

And this was response to another writing challenge, which had to be about a Pokemon evolving. A Pokemon makes a sacrifice for its trainer, doing things the hard way because there is no other way. (I like being ambiguous in my fic descriptions. ^_^. But I'm just trying to explain the titles a little.)

Doing Things the Hard Way

Friendship

Friendship is the most important thing... A slightly bitter story, set ten years in the future. Ash is an adult, and adults are very different from children, especially in this case.

Friendship

Stage on!

In response to a writing challenge telling us we should make Pikachu and Jigglypuff marry. A non-serious fic. (As you'd hope. ^_^;;)

Stage on!

Value

It was too long to fit on one page, so it's in halves, but it's just one fic. Pokémon take a natural course of action, but one that nobody anticipated. So our heroes - but who's to say they are heroes in this scenario? - have to decide what they place the most value on.

Value (first half)
Value (second half)

James

The challenge this time was to write a story that did not involve Pokemon in any way, just the human characters.

James

Pokémon Reunion

Another non-serious fic. A little look at what happens when the characters of Pokemon are reunited in the future. ^_^.

Pokémon Reunion

Deja vu

Ever see something that looked familiar? In fanfics, something that was just like another fic you read? Here are some fanfic clichés put into one stupid story. ^_^.

Deja vu

Love

Writing this, because I felt this when I wrote it, almost made me cry. A what-if story. There's no greater love...

Love

Shadows

A story for Brock. It's not really complete, but it was intended to show a little of the feeling behind those shadowed eyes.

Shadows

Fairy Tails

Don't know where I'm going with this one. ^_^;;

Story 1 - How the Vulpix got its Tails
Story 2 - Good luck
Story 3 - White wings, purity of power

Victory

A short story, where Ash finds out the true secret behind his success.

Victory

One of a Kind

How would you feel if you were forced to be some way but felt differently? You can't help feeling a little sorry for Joy - nurse or not.

One of a Kind

Love and Justice Soldiers

I got bored and started forcing inspiration to come by setting my Winamp onto 'show random skin'. Whatever came up, I'd write about. I got a Sailormoon skin and one of Brock looking lovestruck. So, here's a little crossover fic.

Love and Justice Soldiers

Fight of the Forest

Continued forced inspiration with Winamp skins... Bulbasaur appeared.

Fight of the Forest

Darkness of Flames

And another skin-inspired fic (^_^;;), where Charizard appeared.

Darkness of Flames

Every circle must have a beginning

The last skin-inspired one. That was a good day for writing. ^_^. But, this fic isn't particularly good, I think. It's the only story that has no characters from the show in it. An Omanyte story, I guess.

Every circle must have a beginning

The Night

Their last night... a (very) short Team Rocket story.

The Night

Choices

How can anyone make a choice about something that will affect how they will be for the rest of their lives? An Eevee story.

Choices

Enigma

Nobody is enigmatic when you get to know them. A Staryu story.

Enigma

Role Reversal

A non-serious story. I think things will change more from the original as the story progresses.

Episode 1: Pokemon, I choose you!
Episode 2: Pokemon Emergency!
Episode 3: Challenge of the Samurai
Episode 4: Showdown in Pewter City
Episode 5: Clefairy and the Moon Stone

Toxic

A Koffing short story.

Toxic

Morals of Finance

Team Rocket have a new technique to catch Pikachu. ^_^. Not a serious fic.

Morals of Finance

The Day it Changed

This is the closest I'll get to an AAMR (Ash And Misty Romance). This is actually my favourite fic besides Value. I'm not sure why.

The Day it Changed

Can't Escape

A kinda dumb short story. ^_^;; See what happens after Team Rocket finally get fired.

Can't Escape

Peace

In response to a challenge requesting I write a cheerful fic. I failed dismally. ^_^;;

Peace

Fashion

When I saw this episode, I thought being a model would be the worst possible thing for a Pokemon. A Vulpix fic.

Fashion

Identity

I decided I was going to write a fanfic for every Pokemon there is. ^_^;; Then I started. This is for Ditto.

Identity

Seasons

An Articuno fic, of one whose existance creates the seasons.

Seasons

Experiment

A Voltorb fic. Sucks. ^_^;;

Experiment

Death

Many people fear it, but there are those who long for it, the ones from whom it is hidden. A Haunter fic.

Death

Trapped in a Shell

A Togepi fic. Cute Pokemon aren't necessarily ones without thought.

Trapped in a Shell

World of Darkness

A Kakuna fic. How does it feel to be trapped helplessly inside darkness...

World of Darkness

Power

A Mew fic. Can any one Pokemon be power?

Power

Aurora

I wanted to try a new-trainer fic of my own.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19

Interlude (not part of main fic)

Pics, by Surfer Raichu:
Aurora and her Pokemon
Under the stars...
The first night...
Kerra
Terri

Pics, by me:
Aurora
Kerra (girl is his sister)
Terri

Online

Gary and Ash, in competition as always, find a new medium... the world wide web and the Pokemon sites therein.

Online

The Meaning of Life

A very deep, meaningful look at what's important. *snorts* Okay, I lie. But, how do the Pokemon characters really think?

The Meaning of Life

Searching

A Jynx fic. Being a rare Pokemon, and a humanshape, is not all it's cracked up to be.

Searching

All nighter

Someone sent a challenge: write a story where the Pokemon characters are in a chatroom. Well, here you go...

All nighter

Wilted Flower

A Vileplume fic. Flowers have to be, deserve to be, out in the light.

Wilted Flower

Success

Jessie always strives towards success, thinking that was the most important thing. But is it?

Success

My mother

A mother should usually be the most important person in a boy's life. And that is the case, even for those in a world where you can't trust anybody... Giovanni had such a position.

My mother

Fly Freely

Spearows are vicious, for sure. But how often do you see them flying freely, uninhabited, across the sky?

Fly Freely

Rest of the Herd

A Kentauros story.

Rest of the Herd

Empathy

A Tangela fic... from the point of view of the 'empathic' trainer's Pokemon...

Empathy

Ripples

Ripples on the surface of the water... a series of, well, poems I guess.

Ripples

Jewellery Box

The meaning of objects our main characters are silently attached to.

Jewellery Box

Lullaby

A Jigglypuff fic.

Lullaby

Good Training

A Sandshrew fic.

Good Training

Inferior

Someone, long ago, asked me to write a fic for Meowth and Giovanni. After several months, it has finally appeared. -_-;

Inferior

Faith

Gary's arrogance, his confidence... where does that come from?

Faith

Clouds

Is anyone who you really think they are? Ash discovers that Misty is not what she seems. ^_^. (BTW, this story is complete.)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Past Tense

Little James POV.

Past Tense

Trust Lost

I always kinda liked Damien. ^_^. Anyway, here's a story for him, on his Charmander.

Trust Lost

Sowing

An Oddish fic.

Sowing

Stars

"We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." I like that quote. ^^; This is a Cassidy fic.

Stars

The Spirit of Christmas

Not very serious, Ash, his friends and Team Rocket celebrate Christmas Day.

The Spirit of Christmas

The True Meaning of Christmas

Pallet Primary School puts on a nativity play... you know the sort. Chaotic. ^_^.

The True Meaning of Christmas

Wild Rose

Everyone deserves a happy Christmas.

Wild Rose

Rival!

Even the best of us have character flaws. Ash's is his competitive spirit. What happens when this is exploited?

Rival!

The Value of an Individual

I think maybe one of my better efforts. This is from the point-of-view of Gary's blue-haired cheerleader, a character deemed 'useless'. ^_^.

The Value of an Individual

Anonymous

Challenge was to write about a nameless Rocket 'thug'.

Anonymous

The Night Sings

Another challenge, to write a story about Bill.

The Night Sings

First Battle

And yet another challenge, this one to write a fic mostly focusing on a battle, between a Hitmonlee and a Seaking. ^_^;

First Battle

Footsteps

In response to a challenge. It's a new trainer fic.

Footsteps

Born into the Job

I wanted to do a fic about Tracey, and this is also responding to a challenge to "write a fic solving a mystery of the Pokemon world".

Born into the Job

Weathering Storms

Ash trees and oak trees...

Weathering Storms

Someone else's shadow

A one-shot new trainer fic, I did it just for experimentation.

Someone else's shadow


Back
Main page