The Duties and Responsibilities of a Canadian Citizen
- To actually enjoy hockey games.
- To add ", eh?" to the end of every third sentence.
- To own a house and buy a car.
- To buy a Stompin' Tom Connors record.
- To have suffered from frostbite on at least one occasion.
- To truly hate Americans.
- To say "Thank you" to a bank's automated teller machine.
- To be offended by Monty Python's Lumberjack sketch.
- To be unsure how to spell "colour" and "realize".
- To watch Due South.
I made this list for a boss at work. While he was attending
the ceremony to become a Canadian citizen, we pinned the list
to his office wall along with a gift of a Canadian flag.
A few minutes after he and his wife returned from the ceremony,
she came into my office. "He doesn't know who Stompin'
Tom Connors is. I'm going to report him."