Established in 1922, NCFA in NSW together with other State Branches is part of the national NCF. Qualified nurse staff are employed to provide spiritual and professional support to both nurses and nursing students through Bible study groups, workshops, ongoing education courses, and resource materials.
The professional education program is designed to help nurses put faith into action by integrating Christian truths and principles with nursing theory and practice. seminars and workshops present a Christian perspective on current ethical issues, spiritual care in nursing practice, and needs of the care giver.
An extensive range of study and reference material is available to NCF members, offering a Christian perspective on nursing issues. These include articles and papers and past workshop materials.
Nurses Christian Fellowship in NSW no longer conducts NCF groups on University campuses, but we can advise students on Christian Groups at uni and can help students access resources they may need. Support available to students includes
· Access to qualified staff or leaders who can provide spiritual and professional support
· Concessions to professional events workshops and seminars conducted by NCF.
CURRENT ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
· Professional workshops and seminars
· NCF District groups in some areas of Sydney
· Dinners and other social events
· Annual General Meeting (September)
Visit our website for details of program for 2008
NCFA IN NEW SOUTH WALES