Do You Love? What Do You ... ?
- Love of amputees
- Love of cats
Love of sand and sandy places
- Love of men
- Love of English and/or England (and British and/or Britain)
- Attraction to flowers
- Desire to undress, see also nudism
- Desire to amputate a healthy limb
- Love of Teddy Bears
- Love of astronomy and/or outer space in general
Love of Asian culture and/or women/men
- Love of recorded sound
- Love of Australians and/or Australia (lit. love of the south)
- Love of oneself as a woman
- Love of one's own voice
- Love of books
- Love of harsh sounds
Love of keys
Love of dogs
- Love of cigarette cards
- Love of small places
- Love of bats
- Love of gold
- Love of beds
- Sexual pleasure from feces
- Love of legs
- Love of prostitutes
- Love of trees
- Love of sound recordings
- Love of watching people strip
Love of work
Love of Europe and/or Europeans
- Love of France and/or the French
Love of earth or geology
- Love of Germany and/or German
- Sexual attraction towards the elderly
- Love of languages
Love of women
- Love of biting a female's earlobes
Love of salt or salt-water
- Love of sunlight
- Love of horses
- Love of hairy men
Love of the same sex (i.e. homosexual)
- Sexual arousal from firearms and weaponry
- Love of water
- Love of living next to or spending time around water
- Love of pictures and symbols
- Love of islands
- Love of Iceland, Icelandic culture, etc.
- Love of Japan
- Sexual pleasure from enemas
Love of young men or boys
- Love of beer bottle labels
- Desire to stare at someone in a bathing suit
- Love of dictionaries and wordbooks
- Love of ponds or marshes
- Love of stones
Love of words - Logophiles may be interested in word games, such as crosswords, or Scrabble, and in the extreme, derive enjoyment
from reading things commonly given less notice, such as labels,
Love of darkness
- Sexual attraction to childbirth or pregnant women
Love of apples
- Extreme love of apples, or love of the Big Apple
- Love of the metro rail or subway systems
Love of feces
- Love of ants
Love of short people
- Sexual attraction to corpses
- Love of black people
Love of the woods/forests
Love of the latest novelties and trends
- Love of the Japanese and/or Japan
- Love of nitrogen and explosions
Love of bank-notes and cheques
- A preference for darkness or night.
Love of Wine
- Love of large amounts of rainfall
- Love of snakes
- Love of birds
Love of various smells
- Sexual attraction to children
- Love of dinosaurs and prehistoric things
any sexual attraction considered unusual or taboo
- Love of virgins
- Love of pigeons
- Love of living or spending time in rocky areas
- Love of the truth
Interest in postage stamps
- Interest in or respect for the Jewish people, and the historical significance of the Jewish culture
- Love of living or spending time in lighted conditions
- Love of plants
- Love of beards
- A plant loving sandy areas
- Love of cold temperatures
Love of buttocks
- Love of things of the past
Love of living or spending time in running water
- Love of living or spending time on roots
- Love of Russia and/or Russians
- Love of flesh
Love of living or spending time in shady conditions
- Sexual pleasure from seeing things
- Love of Scotland and/or the Scottish
- Love of bond and share certificates
Love of China and/or the Chinese
- Love of climbing buildings
- Love of tattooing or branding
- Love of technology
- Love of the ocean
Love of God
- Love of high temperatures
- Love of female nurses
- Love of stamps
- Love of tobacco
Love of a particular place
Love of archery
- Love of seasonal extremes of climate
Love of cheese
- Love of the blind
Love of foreigners (in science-fiction, can also mean sexual attraction to aliens)
Love of living or spending time in very dry conditions
Love of wood
Love of non-human animals (beware: is generally used to mean sexual attraction to non-human animals)
There are a
number of words that contain the same -philia suffix, but which are not a human love for something
- Staining easily
- A substance having an affinity for electrons or negative charge
- Adapted for pollination by insects
disease relating to blood clotting
- Fear of washing or bathing.
- Fear of itching or of insects whose bites cause itching.
- Fear of sourness.
Lygophobia, Nyctophobia, Scotophobia - Fear of darkness.
- Fear of noise.
Altophobia - Fear of heights.
Fear of drafts, air swallowing or airborne noxious substances.
- Fear of open high places.
- Fear of vomiting secondary to airsickness.
Dementophobia, Maniaphobia - Fear of insanity.
Algophobia, Odynophobia, Odynephobia - Fear of pain.
- Fear of the outdoors, crowds or uncontrolled social conditions.
Contreltophobia - Fear of sexual abuse.
- Fear of wild animals.
Dromophobia - Fear of streets or crossing the street.
- Fear of palindromes (not necessarily an actual word; aiboh is not of course Greek or Latin for Palindrome, but is simply
intended to make the word itself palindromic)
Belonephobia, Enetophobia - Fear of needles or pointed objects.
Elurophobia, Felinophobia, Galeophobia, Gatophobia - Fear of cats.
- Fear of kidney disease.
- Fear of chickens.
- Fear of garlic.
- Fear of opinions.
Koniophobia - Fear of dust.
- Fear of riding in a car.
Stasibasiphobia, Stasiphobia - Fear of walking or standing.
- Fear of air.
Columbophobia - Fear of the United States, American culture, etc.
- Fear of amnesia.
- Fear of scratches or being scratched.
- Fear of looking up.
Anemophobia - Fear of wind.
Arrhenphobia, Hominophobia - Fear of men.
- Fear of angina, choking or narrowness.
- Fear of England, English culture, etc.
- Fear of anger or of becoming angry.
- Fear of immobility of a joint.
Anthophobia - Fear of flowers.
- Fear of people or society.
- Fear of floods.
- Fear of staying single.
- Fear of infinity.
Chiraptophobia, Haphephobia, Haptephobia - Fear of being touched.
Melissophobia - Fear of bees.
- Fear of persons with amputations.
- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
- Fear of spiders.
- Fear of numbers.
Pyrophobia - Fear of fire.
- Fear of fainting or weakness.
Astrapophobia, Brontophobia, Keraunophobia - Fear of thunder and lightning. It is especially common in young children.
- Fear of stars and celestial space.
- Fear of asymmetry.
- Fear of ataxia.
- Fear of disorder or untidiness.
- Fear of imperfection.
Fear of ruin or ruins.
- Fear of being forgotten, ignored or forgetting.
- Fear of atomic explosions.
Kakorrhaphiophobia - Fear of failure.
Fear of flutes.
Fear of gold.
- Fear of the Northern Lights or for Chileans, Argentinians, Falkland Islanders or Antarctic explorers, fear of the Southern
Novahollandiaphobia - Fear of Australia, Australians, Australian culture etc.
- Fear that one has a vile odour.
- Fear of any inanimate object that represents a sentient being, eg. statues, dummies, robots, etc.
- Fear of being dirty.
Eremophobia, Ermitophibia, Isolophobia, Monophobia - Fear of being alone or fear of oneself.
Aviatophobia, Pteromerhanophobia - Fear of flying.
Microbiophobia - Fear of microbes.
- Fear of bacteria.
- Fear of missiles or bullets.
- Fear of barley.
- Fear of bananas.
- Fear of Bolsheviks.
Fear of loss of gravity.
Basiphobia - Fear of walking or falling.
- Fear of stairs or steep slopes.
- Fear of depth.
Fear of heights or of being close to high buildings.
- Fear of amphibians.
- Fear of books.
Myxophobia - Fear of slime.
Fear of bogies or the bogeyman.
- Fear of plants.
Fear of feet
Bromidrophobia - Fear of body odours.
Tonitrophobia - Fear of thunder.
- Fear of toads.
Fear of ugliness.
Cainotophobia, Cenophobia, Centophobia, Kainolophobia, Kainophobia, Neophobia - Fear of newness, novelty.
Venustraphobia - Fear of beautiful women.
Carcinophobia - Fear of cancer.
- Fear of carbohydrates (e.g. Atkins diet).
- Fear of heart disease.
- Fear of meat.
Katagelophobia - Fear of being ridiculed.
- Fear of jumping from high and low places.
Kathisophobia, Thaasophobia - Fear of sitting.
- Fear of mirrors.
Fear of empty rooms.
Trichopathophobia, Trichophobia, Hypertrichophobia - Fear of hair.
Cheimatophobia, Psychrophobia - Fear of cold.
- Fear of chemicals or working with chemicals.
- Fear of gaiety.
- Fear of Chinese people, customs, etc.
- Fear of snow.
- Fear of hands.
- Fear of the colour green.
- Fear of anger or the fear of cholera.
- Fear of dancing.
- Fear of Christianity
Chrematophobia - Fear of money.
Chromatophobia - Fear of colours.
- Fear of clocks.
- Fear of time.
- Fear or the color orange.
Sitophobia, Sitiophobia - Fear of food.
Cleisiophobia - Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.
Kleptophobia - Fear of stealing.
Cleithrophobia - Fear of being enclosed.
- Fear of stings.
- Fear of cemeteries.
Genophobia - Fear of coitus.
- Fear of comets.
- Fear of constipation.
Scatophobia - Fear of feces.
- Fear of clowns.
- The preference by a phobic person for fearful situations.
- Fear of precipices.
Fear of extreme cold, ice or frost.
- Fear of crystals or glass.
- Fear of the colour blue.
Logizomechanophobia - Fear of computers or working on a computer.
- Fear of bicycles.
Kymophobia - Fear of waves or wave-like motions.
Fear of dogs or rabies.
Cypriphobia, Cyprianophobia, Cyprinophobia - Fear of prostitutes or venereal disease.
- Fear of confined spaces.
- Fear of stairs or of climbing or falling down stairs.
- Fear of going to bed.
- Fear of making decisions.
- Fear of painful bowel movements.
- Fear of dining or dinner conversations.
Daemonophobia - Fear of demons.
Enochlophobia, Ochlophobia - Fear of crowds.
- Fear of trees.
- Fear of dentists.
- Fear of skin lesions.
Dermatophobia, Dermatopathophobia - Fear of skin disease.
- Fear of objects at the right side of the body.
- Fear of diabetes.
Scolionophobia - Fear of going to school.
Fear of justice.
Fear of dizziness or whirlpools.
- Fear of double vision.
- Fear of drinking.
- Fear of undressing in front of someone.
Eicophobia, Oikophobia - Fear of houses or being in a house.
Fear of fur or the skins of animals.
Fear of expressing opinions or receiving praise.
- Fear of the Dutch.
- Fear of deformity.
- Fear of accidents.
- Fear of church.
Fear of home.
- Fear of mirrors or of seeing oneself in a mirror.
- Fear of electricity.
- Fear of freedom.
- Fear of vomiting.
- Fear of pins.
Enissophobia - Fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or of criticism.
Insectophobia - Fear of insects.
Fear of dawn or daylight.
- Fear of teenagers.
- Fear of nosebleeds.
Gnosiophobia - Fear of knowledge.
- Fear of writing letters
Hippophobia - Fear of horses.
Erythrophobia, Erytophobia - Fear of blushing, red lights, or the color red.
- Fear of work or functioning, or a surgeon's fear of operating.
Fear of work.
- Fear of being alone, loneliness.
- Fear of sexual love or sexual questions.
- Fear of blushing or the color red.
Euphobia - Fear
of hearing good news.
- Fear of female genitalia.
Fear of Europe, Europeans, or alternatively, the European Union.
Fearophobia - fear of developing fears
Fibriphobia, Fibriophobia, Pyrexiophobia - Fear of fever.
- Fear of Iron and objects made of iron.
Gallophobia, Galiophobia - Fear of France, French culture
- Fear of very cold objects.
Fear of marriage.
- Fear of laughter.
- Fear of chins.
Fear of knees.
Gephydrophobia, Gephyrdrophobia, Gephysrophobia - Fear of crossing bridges.
Teutophobia - Fear of Germany, German culture, etc.
- Fear of growing old.
- Fear of old people or of growing old.
Geumophobia - Fear of taste.
- Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.
- Fear of balloons
- Fear of writing or handwriting.
Nudophobia - Fear of nudity.
Gynophobia - Fear of women.
Stygiophobia, Stigiophobia - Fear of hell.
- Fear of blood and bleeding.
- Fear of saints or holy things.
Peccatophobia - Fear of sinning.
- Fear of being touched.
- Fear of being robbed.
- Fear of feeling pleasure.
- Fear of the sun.
- Fear of Greek terms or complex scientific terminology.
- Fear of being infested with worms.
Hemaphobia, Hematophobia - Fear of blood or bleeding.
Hereiophobia - Fear of challenges to official doctrine or of radical deviation.
- Fear of reptiles.
Sexophobia - Fear of the opposite sex.
- Fear of the number 666.
- Fear of priests or sacred things.
- Fear of horses.
Sesquipedalophobia - Fear of long words.
Fear of bums or beggars.
Fear of road travel.
- Fear of shock.
Nebulaphobia - Fear of fog.
- Fear of sermons.
Fear of sameness, monotony, homosexuality or of becoming homosexual.
- Fear of firearms.
- Fear of mercurial medicines.
- Fear of water, a symptom of rabies.
Kynophobia - Fear of rabies.
Hyalophobia, Nelophobia - Fear of glass.
- Fear of liquids, dampness, or moisture.
Fear of materialism or the fear of epilepsy.
Fear of forests.
- Fear of responsibility.
- Fear of responsibility.
- Fear of sleep or of being hypnotized.
- Fear of height.
- Fear of going to the doctor or of doctors.
- Fear of fish.
- Fear of images or icons.
Fear of ideas.
- Fear of vertigo.
- Fear of being isolated, or alternatively, fear of islands
Iophobia - Fear
- Fear of Islam.
- Fear of Iceland, Icelandic culture, etc.
- Fear of termites or other insects that eat wood.
- Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.
Nipponophobia - Fear of the Japanese.
- Fear of Jews.
- Fear of the RNI (Resident Non-Indian).
Fear of voids or empty spaces.
- Fear of lightning.
Kinesophobia - Fear of movement or motion.
- Fear of Enemas.
- Fear of the knee bending backwards.
- Fear of rooms.
- Fear of genitals, particularly female.
Fear of fatigue.
- Fear of cosmic phenomena.
- Fear of stooping.
- Fear of vegetables.
Lalophobia - Fear of speaking.
Lepraphobia - Fear of leprosy.
- Fear of the colour white.
Fear of things to the left side of the body.
- Fear of loud noises.
- Fear of tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Fear of lakes.
- Fear of string.
- Fear of lawsuits.
Maieusiophobia, Parturiphobia - Fear of childbirth.
Fear of words.
- Fear of syphilis.
- Fear of otters.
- Fear of rabies or of becoming insane.
- Fear of long, strange words.
- Fear of long waits.
- Fear of cooking.
Sarmassophobia - Fear of love play.
- Fear of going insane.
Poinephobia - Fear of punishment.
- Fear of machines.
- Fear of losing an erection.
- Fear of an erect penis.
- Fear of large objects.
- Fear of the colour black.
Fear or hatred of music.
- Fear of brain disease.
Fear of menstruation.
- Fear of being bound or tied up.
- Fear of metal.
- Fear of changes.
- Fear of meteors.
Potophobia - Fear of alcohol.
- Fear or hatred of poetry.
- Fear of the NRIs (Non-Resident Indians).
Mycrophobia - Fear of small objects.
Molysmophobia, Molysomophobia, Mysophobia, Verminophobia - Fear of being contaminated with dirt or germs.
- Fear of memories.
- Fear of a specific disease.
- Fear of automobiles.
- Fear of moths.
- Fear of music.
Murophobia, Suriphobia - Fear of mice and/or rats.
Fear or aversion to mushrooms.
- Fear of ants.
Fear of dirt.
- Fear of myths, stories or false statements.
- Fear of death or dead things.
- Fear of new drugs.
- Fear of clouds.
- Fear of the night.
- Fear of names.
- Fear of hospitals.
Nosemaphobia - Fear of becoming ill.
- Fear of returning home.
- Fear of one's stepmother.
- Fear of nuclear weapons.
- Fear of numbers.
- Fear of dark, wooded areas.
- Fear of the dark, of night or of nightfall.
- fear and loathing of slow computer terminal death
Pocrescophobia - Fear of gaining weight.
Fear of vehicles.
Fear of the figure 8.
- Fear of teeth or dental surgery.
Fear of wine.
Osmophobia, Osphresiophobia - Fear of smells.
Pluviophobia - Fear of rain or of being rained on.
Ommatophobia - Fear of eyes.
- Fear of dreams.
- Fear of wet dreams.
- Fear of hearing certain words or names.
- Fear of snakes.
- Fear of being stared at.
A medical doctor's fear of prescribing pain medications for patients.
Fear of opening one's eyes.
- Fear of birds.
- Fear of property.
- Fear of shellfish.
Uranophobia - Fear of heaven.
- fear of large orange beasts chanting obsenities from jungle canopies
Fear of ice or frost.
- Fear of suffering and disease.
Pantophobia - Fear of everything.
Fear of the Pope.
- Fear of paper.
- Fear of neglecting duty or responsibility.
Fear of sexual perversion.
- Fear of parasites.
- Fear of Friday the 13th.
- Fear of virgins or young girls.
- Fear of disease.
- Fear of heredity.
Phthiriophobia - Fear of lice.
- Fear of dolls.
Pedophobia - Fear of children.
- Fear of bald people.
- Fear of pellagra.
- Fear of poverty.
- Fear of one's mother-in-law.
- Fear of swallowing, eating or of being eaten.
- Fear of becoming bald.
- Fear of a penis, esp. erect.
- Fear of taking medicine.
Spectrophobia - Fear of ghosts.
- Fear of daylight or sunshine.
Philematophobia - Fear of kissing.
- Fear of falling in love or being in love.
- Fear of philosophy.
- Fear of phobias.
- Fear of glaring lights.
- Fear of light (also refers to aversion to light due to an inflamed/painful eye or excessively dilated pupils)
- Fear of noises, voices, one's own voice or of telephones.
- Fear of thinking.
Tuberculophobia - Fear of tuberculosis.
- Fear of tombstones.
- Fear of wealth.
- Fear of spirits.
Pnigerophobia - Fear of choking or being smothered.
- Fear of beards.
- Fear of contracting poliomyelitis.
- Fear or abnormal dislike of politicians.
Having many phobias.
Fear of overworking or of pain.
- Fear of the colour purple.
- Fear of rivers or running water.
- Fear of drugs.
Rectophobia - Fear of the rectum or of rectal diseases.
- Fear of progress.
- Fear of stuttering.
- Fear of the mind.
- Fear of being tickled by feathers.
Fear of puppets.
Fear of fire.
- Fear of quartets or of being drawn and quartered
- Fear of quadratic equations
- Fear of radiation or X-rays.
- Fear of frogs.
- Fear of being severely punished or beaten with a rod, or of being severely criticized. Also fear of magic.
- Fear of the colour red.
- Fear of defecation.
- Fear of getting wrinkles.
Fear of dirt.
- Fear of Russians.
- Fear of Halloween.
Orcusophobia - Fear of Satan.
- Fear of scabies.
- Fear of bad men, burglars.
Sciaphobia - Fear of shadows.
Vermiphobia - Fear of worms.
Scoptophobia - Fear of being seen or stared at.
- Fear of blindness in visual field.
- Fear of writing in public.
- Fear of sharks.
Fear of light flashes.
- Fear of the moon.
- Fear of decaying matter.
- Fear of long words.
- Fear of trains, railroads or train travel.
- Fear of stars.
- Fear of things to the left of oneself.
Fear of the Chinese, Chinese culture, etc.
- Fear of being chased by wolves on a slippery kitchen floor while wearing slippery socks. (a humorous phobia created by the
cartoonist Gary Larson)
- Fear of parents-in-law.
- Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
- Fear of society or people in general.
- Fear of sleep.
- Fear of learning.
- Fear of dependence on others.
- Fear of outer space.
- Fear of mirrors.
or Spermophobia - Fear of sperm.
- Fear of wasps.
- Fear of crosses or crucifixes.
- Fear of narrow things or places.
Fear of mice.
- Fear of symbolism.
- Fear of symmetry.
- Fear of relatives.
- Fear of syphilis.
- Fear of speed.
Teniophobia - Fear of tapeworms.
Taphophobia - Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries.
- Fear of being contagious.
- Fear of bulls.
- Fear of technology.
- Fear of definite plans or of religious ceremony.
- Fear of telephones.
- Fear of bearing a deformed child, of monsters, or of deformed people.
- Fear of monsters.
- Fear of taking tests.
- Fear of tetanus, lockjaw.
- Fear of certain fabrics.
- Fear of the sea.
Thantophobia - Fear of death or dying.
- Fear of theatres.
- Fear of theology.
Fear of gods or religion.
- Fear of heat.
Fear of pregnancy or childbirth.
Fear of surgical operations.
- Fear of haircuts.
Fear of certain places or situations, such as stage fright.
Toxophobia, Toxicophobia - Fear of poison or of being accidentally poisoned.
- Fear of injury.
- Fear of trembling.
- Fear of trichinosis.
- Fear of the number thirteen (13). Having superstition.
- Fear of moving or making changes.
- Fear of injections.
- Fear of tyrants.
- Fear of the heavens.
Fear of urine or urinating.
- Fear of vaccination.
- Fear of beautiful women.
- Fear of words.
- Fear of clothing.
- Fear of rape.
- Fear of one's stepfather.
- Fear of the Walloon people or their languages.
- Fear of witches and witchcraft.
- Fear of the colour yellow or the word yellow.
- Fear of foreign languages.
Fear of strangers or foreigners.
Fear of dryness.
Fear of wooden objects or fear of forests.
Fear of razors.
Fear of contrariety.
Fear of jealousy.
- Fear of gods.
Fear of animals.