Photo of Teresa and Master Wu after practicing qi gong in nature
I am very happy today to share my qi gong story with you. I am Master Wu's first student in Canada and I have learned almost 6 years of qi gong and tai chi from him. I am a qi gong instructor and Master Wu's assistant.
When I was 20, I had lung diseases which had greatly weakened my immunity. In 1985, after given birth to my first child by caesarean and my health started to become worse. My neck and back hurt so much that I needed to do something right away. I started to see a chiropractor on a regular basis for the following year.
From then on for the next 11 years, I continued to have occasional back and neck pain, which made it necessary to see a chiropractor sometimes. I later gave birth to two more children which made life more stressful and my health and immunity became worse. In 1996, the year I started to practice qi gong, I would catch a cold or flu almost every month; either I started it or picked it up from the children.
My house always smelled of medicines because of frequent cooking of Chinese herbal soup for me or for the children. At this time, I met Master Wu and started to do qi gong with him.
Here are some of my health improvements after practicing qi gong/tai chi:
- My neck and back pain was so much better. When I look up, there is no pain in the neck now. My back only has minimal discomfort now. Gradually, I do not need to see the chiropractor anymore.0L>
- Before if I went out shopping for a whole day, in the evening, my right leg would hurt and I would limp around until I slept it through. Today, I don't have this problem anymore.
- After doing qi gong for a year, I noticed that my allergies to cat has improved a lot. Before my eyes turned red, nose would run, throat became very itchy after I spent 5 minutes with the cats. I needed to take medicine for allergies immediately. I would not visit any place with cats around. Today, I can stay with cats for a few hours and feel O.K.
- I used to have a lot of allergies in hay fever time and my hay fever is 90% better this year. I feel that I have hay fever symptons later and later each year after doing qi gong.
- I used to have migraines and headaches sometimes especially after I exposed to wind or under the sun for a long period of time. I would have headaches that evening. After practicing qi gong, I don't have much migraines or headaches anymore. When I do at odd times, the area with pain is a lot smaller now and I can relieve the pain by practicing qi gong.
- I used to have a lot of heartburn and gas in my stomach. Today, I have no more hearburn but some gas occasionally. The gas will release by itself when I practice qi gong.
- Before I would feel very dizzy sometimes when I got up from a chair because of very low blood pressure. Some days, I had to lie in bed in order not to feel dizzy. Now, I don't have this problem.
- I used to have diarrhea during menstruation and constipation at normal days. Today, I am fine.
- I slept much deeper now and woke up with energy in the morning.
- After doing qi gong, my skin colour improves and I look younger each year. I am 43 and some people thought that I am still a university student. I have lots of energy and would not get sick so easily like before.
Many of my family members and relatives also practice qi gong and I have listed below some of the stories:
- My younger daughter started to practice qi gong when she was only 6 years' old. After practicing, she does not have her occasional diarrhea especially after big meal.
- My eldest daughter practiced qi gong when she was 10 with me. She was asthmatic and needed to use a buffer occasionally for breathing. She could not do much sports as she would cough a lot when exercising. She practiced qi gong with us and slowly could stop using the buffer and she could do any sports now.
- My 78 years' old father's health and temperament has improved. He used to have a very hot temper. A few years ago, he was very dizzy and was admitted to the hospital. The doctors could not find out anything wrong with him but knew that he was not making blood for some unknown reasons. He was sent home to wait. Therefore, he started to practice qi gong. Since practicing, he had no more blood disorder. He still maintains a very good blood count. Qi gong is now his hobby and is what he talks about all day.
As years go by, I and my family continue to experience more and more benefits after practicing qi gong. With my own eyes, I have seen many people improve their health after practicing Wu's qi gong and tai chi. Qi Gong becomes part of my life and I will continue to learn from Master Wu. I wish more and more people will start practicing qi gong and receive the benefits themselves like me.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 905-707-6558
Teresa and her children all practice qi gong
Return To Home Page
Last Updated: December 31, 2001