Split Rock Furnace
The Historical Society of the Rockaways (HSR) was founded in 1973 and incorporated on October 2, 1974. Our mission since then has been:
- To preserve, collect and distribute historical information to educational and public institutions;
- To promote community service projects beneficial to all citizens;
- To preserve historical sites & documents, for that purpose to conduct historical research;
- To promote interest and civic pride in local history;
- To seek and obtain financial assistance from various sources to aid in the implementation of these objectives.
Become a Member
The Society meets on the first Monday of every month (excluding holidays and during the months of July & August) at 7:30 PM in the downstairs meeting room of the Rockaway Township Main Library, Mount Hope Road. Meetings are free and open to the general public. Membership dues are $15 per individual or $20 per family.
For more information, contact one of our officers.
Support the Society
Help support the work of the Historical Society of the Rockaways by buying one of these special commemorative items:
- Christmas Ornaments ($7.00 each) - choose from Stephen Jackson House, Cobb Furnace and Faesch House designs.
- Ford-Faesch Society T-shirts, showing the Historical Society logo and an 1859 Harper's magazine etching of the house ($15 each or 2 for $25) -- in Heather Blue, Heather Green, Gray, Yellow, Light Tan and Dark Tan. (Sizes M, L, XL, XXL)
For more information, contact one of our officers or attend an event.
Back to top