CPS Principal Competencies
- Develop and articulate belief system through voice and
- Facilitate/motivate change
1 - Leadership and Vision: Educational leaders inspire a shared vision for comprehensive integration of technology
and foster an environment and culture conducive to the realization of that vision.
3 - Productivity and Professional Practice: Educational leaders apply technology to enhance their professional
practice and to increase their own productivity and that of others.
5 - Assessment and Evaluation: Educational leaders use technology to plan and implement
comprehensive systems of effective assessment and evaluation.
Goal 1: Principals recognize, support, and assess the use of instructional technology to lead to the
enhancement of literacy and mathematics priorities.
- Objective 1.6: Each principal will complete an activity that introduces the concept of digital immigrants/digital natives.
Goal 2: Principals model technology use to support instruction and assessment.
- Objective 2.1: Each principal will learn how to access and use the online community.
- Objective 2.2: Each principal will post his/her vision statement.
- Objective 2.3: Each team will post its list of data elements.
in Online Communities
Competencies, Standards, and Goals: Using D2L
Value-Added Comments on the Discussion
Discussion Board Practice
Module—Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants
Competencies, Standards, and Goals: Practice Module
What Is a Digital Immigrant?
Teamwork: List of Data Elements
Click here to take survey