Handout: Data Resources
First Class Web-based application
Chicago Public Schools
School & Citywide Reports Web site
- Review your school’s profile
- Overview of one year and multi-year reports
- Individual exploration and query
- Try various queries for your school site
Group reflections and comments.
- Group exploration
- Explore the areas of this Web page
Desire2Learn (D2L) Activity
1. Log into D2L and go
to Module 5
2. Work alone or with your team members to complete the activities and post to the Discussion
Here are links to the resources
in Module 5:
Thinking about Tests and Testing: A Short Primer in “Assessment Literacy.” A straightforward explanation of terms related to high stakes testing.
CPS High School and Elementary School Scorecards: Click on CDS Elementary or CDS High
Schools to access directories that include individual school scorecards.
eReport Card Public Site: Hosted by the Illinois State Board of Education, this site features state, district, and individual school eReport Cards.
NCREL Data Tools: A matrix of tools for collecting and analyzing data. A few links are broken, but the matrix is still worth reviewing.
Technology Information Center for Administrative Leadership, Data Driven Decision Making resources: Use this one-click matrix to search for and access more than 100 resources related to data driven decision making.
101 Best Web Sites for Principals (pages 25-33): 7 Web sites are listed here, including A Short Primer
in “Assessment Literacy.”
Sharing Data Resources
Using a wiki page to create a Webliography (password is cpsptli)
Create Your Own Online
Using SurveyMonkey to create, deploy, and analyze online surveys
Online Modules 6-7 will
assist you in
• Completing, administering, and analyzing an online survey (electronic format)
• Making a tentative list of instructional priorities for 2007-08 (electronic format)