||PEETHI WALI PURIS
(Puris stuffed with ground dal )
For Puri :
250 gm = Wheat flour
100 gm = Urad dal
2 tbsp. = Coriander leaves (chopped fine)
1/2 tsp. = Cummin seeds
1/2 tsp. = Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp. = Garam Masala Powder
a pinch = Hing (Asafoetida)
1 tsp. = Salt
Oil for frying
1. Wash and soak the urad dal over night in a little water. Grind it
in a mixer to a thick paste.
2. Add salt, hing, cummin seeds, garam masala, chilli powder, coriender
leaves and green chillies. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Add enough water to the wheat flour and bind to a hard dough. While
kneading the dough, add a little oil and salt to teste. Knead again. Divide
the dough into amall portions and roll out small puris.Spread a little
of the prepared filling on each puri and place anothe puri on top. Seal
the edges using a little water.
4. Similarly prepare the remaining puris.
5. Deep fry the puris in hot oil or ghee till golden brown.