Pre-entries are due by August 28th and we've already started receiving them. The benefit
of pre-entering is an early draw position. The only pre-entries that are REQUIRED are those entering for AQHA points. No processing
or late fees will be charged at this barrel race. AQHA DRESS CODE ENFORCED.
HEALTH PAPERS and COGGINS are REQUIRED for ALL HORSES (including in-state horses). Oklahoma State LIvestock Inspectors
will be stationed at the perimeter gate checking those documents as you enter the fairgrounds.....GUARANTEED.
Please be sure to read all the information regarding this event, as there are lots of details you won't want to overlook.
Go to www.trikbarrels.com for information and links to Oklahoma State Fair Website.
One of the questions we've had was about access to unload in the barn area during the Oklahoma State Fair. Please note,
that not only will barrel racers be unloading, but you may also have other livestock trailers, rodeo contestants, and Draft
Horses that will be moving in, so unloading will be very tight, and must be quick. Your best bet is to get there as early
as possible to avoid the check in lines at the gate. Besides, you can spend the day at the Fair and enjoy it if you come in
early. Remember you can audit the Joyce Kernek clinic for free that same day. If you would like to ride in the clinic the
information is on the event flyer attached, or you can find it on www.trikbarrels.com.
1. Enter via the Portland Avenue Access Road (Black Gold Drive).
2. Pull up to Gate #7 to show health/coggins papers, pay gate admission (all OSF Horse Show exhibitors pay admissions).
3. There will be provisions to allow barrel racers to pull around the barn access road to unload. Traffic will travel one-way.
4. The office will be in Barn #6. Please park your vehicle leaving access for thru traffic, please do not block the road.
5. Check in/enter at office and get your stall assignment. You must have a stall ticket, you cannot put your horse in any
stall you want.
6. Unload your horse/tack as quickly as possible.
7. Exit thru Gate #8 and follow signs designating trailer parking areas.
If you would like to park your trailer first, be sure you are parking in a designated trailer parking area. You can then
saddle and ride through Gate #7, but you will have to get someone to hold your horse while you check in and get your stall
assignment. Just remember to bring all your health/coggins with you to the gate. This might be easiest if you are riding just
one or two head.
Again, this information is for your use in making it easier to get in and out of the State Fair the day of the race. This
event is new to the Fair, but there is lots of interest by Fair officials to make this bigger and better each year, so lets
support this event.