In 1982, on June 3rd, one disgruntled farmer wrote a letter. It was a declaration of the Vegetable Rights Institute, and a statement that shall never be forgotten in our lives. We believe in these points, and will die to defend them...being martyrs to our cause...
- The Vegetable Rights Institute will and always shall make clear that we do not wish anyone to eat anything that once lived and breathed on this Earth; this includes any form of animal, fungus, plant, and anything else which is created from a father/mother organism and has cells.
- This policy we enforce peacefully and through negotiations. We have not considered any means of extremities such as physical and/or terrorist actions.
- Any people whom wish to join our vegetable rights movement need not pay us any money. We refuse funding from members. We will put our members names only on our lists and we will keep them for our records only.
- We give our life, our soul, and our honour to vegetable life.
- We believe that vegetables have thoughts and feelings. We are unfortunate to be too alien in comparison to these beautiful creatures to understand any of their language. It is hard for us to comprehend that these plants are truely intelligent species like us, and not mindless peices of matter.
- We shall research, and prove to the world that we are right. This is something which is very hard to research, and hard to prove. Many people will not take this seriously, but the facts will prove those people wrong. People are too ignorant in this age to be fully aware of the possibilities.
- Any use of media possible to be shown to the public must be used. All of the public must slowly become aware of the Vegetable Rights Institute. Established media will become important: school education, movies, music, commercials, books, internet, games, etc.) We will use much propaganda to further our cause.
- Firstly and foremost, we are here to stop murder. Killing is against the law. Why then shall we allow anything to be killed? Life is a precious thing that must not be wasted on silly human ideals.