Colorguard Solo & Ensemble Competition
Saturday, May 14th, 2016
Orange County Colorguard Circuit (OCCC) offers students a unique opportunity to explore show design and choreography
while they take their performance to a whole new level. Individuals and small groups (5 or fewer students) are invited to
perform choreographed work before a crowd and professional judges while they compete for honors and awards.
* An exciting way to encourage your students to develop their skills beyond the Winterguard season.
* A fun activity that supports standards-based instruction related to:
- choreography development
- interpretation of music
- critical thinking and analysis as students design their own shows
- performance goals
* A new venue to showcase your students' talents.
* A chance to work with students individually and help them focus on areas critical to their own development.
* Feedback from professional judges to help take students to the next level.
* A chance to develop their colorguard skills ~ building on their existing strengths and perhaps
exploring a brand new technique or piece of equipment.
* An opportunity to learn about the struggles and joys of choreography and show design, including everything
from selection of music, costumes and equipment to staging and team-building.
* A place to shine as individuals and perform for a wider audience beyond their own school's Spring showcase.
* Individualized feedback (tapes and scores) from professional judges.
* Although the focus of the competition will be on cheering individual performers, there are plenty of
opportunities to win prizes at beginning, intermediate and advanced levels as well as specialty awards (best choreography,
best show design, etc.)