Old-Fashioned Slow Cooker Veal
- 1 serving cooking spray (5 one second sprays)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound veal shoulder, roast, cubed
- 20 medium baby carrots
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground sage, or more to taste, or 1 tsp fresh chopped sage
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 cup canned beef broth
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a plate; dust veal with flour mixture.
Brown veal in skillet, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place carrots in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place veal over carrots.
- Coat skillet with additional cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and sauté
over medium heat for 5 minutes; add to slow cooker. Add sage and oregano to
- Pour beef broth into skillet and scrape up any browned bits; add broth to
slow cooker. Add undrained tomatoes to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low
heat for 7 to 8 hours. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Serves | 4
POINTS per serving | 4
Print as 3x5 or 4x6
Copyright © 2001-, Robert F. Hutchison & Terry Muse
Revised: March 29, 2002
Contact: Terry Muse