New Beginnings by: Lucie

Distribution- Go ahead and post it where ya want. Just send me a quick e-mail at WillowOz16@aol.com letting me know where it will be.

Category- Dawson/Joey romance.

New Beginnings

Have you ever loved somebody so much
It makes you cry
Have you ever needed something so bad
You can't sleep at night
Have you ever tried the words
But they don't come out right
Have you ever, have you ever
Have you ever been in love
Been in love so bad
You'd do anything to make them understand
Have you ever had someone steal your heart away
You'd give anything to make them feel the same
Have you ever searched for words to get you in their heart
But you don't know what to say
And you don't know where to start
Have you ever loved somebody so much
It makes you cry
Have you ever needed something so bad
You can't sleep at night
Have you ever tried to find the words
But they don't come out right
Have you ever, have you ever
Have you ever found the one
You've dreamed of all your life
You'd do anything to look in their eyes
Have you finally found the one you've given your heart to
Only to find that one won't give their heart to you
Have you ever closed your eyes and
Dreamed that they were there
And all you can do is wait for that day when they will care
What do I gotta do to get you in my arms baby
What do I gotta do to get in your heart
To make you understand how I need you next to me
Gotta get you in my world
'Coz baby I can't sleep

Joey walked into Capeside High with Abby Morgan. *Well here I am again. Back in school. Only this year I'm older and I've got new friends and I am going to be popular* Joey thought to herself.

"Jo, have you seen the new guy yet? I heard he is totally hot," Abby said.

Joey looked at her best friend. "No, Abs, I haven't seen him yet," she said.

Katrina Sutherland, their other best friend, walked over to them. "Hey, Abby, Jo," she said.

"Hey, Kat. What's up?" Abby asked. Joey just nodded hello. *I am so glad I won't be classified as a reject this year* Joey thought happily to herself.

Pacey, Dawson and Jen were gathered around Dawson's locker. "Can you believe Joey is hanging with Abby Morgan and Katrina Sutherland? I thought she hated those girls," Dawson said.

"I know man. I don't know what has gotten into her." Pacey said. "This morning when I said hello to her she just gave me a disgusted look and said 'beat it loser'."

"Maybe Joey just got lonely this summer and looked to Abby and her crew for friendship," Jen said.

"You're right, Jen. I am sure she is still the same Joey we left in the beginning of the summer," Dawson said.

"I don't know, D. She has a wicked snobby attitude lately and she is wearing very un-Joey like clothes," Pacey said referring to Joey's miniskirt, tanktop and high boots.

"Abby, Kat, I've gotta go to my locker to put some stuff away. I will catch up with you guys later," Joey said. She walked down the hall and passed Pacey, Dawson and Jen without saying a word to them.

"Hey, Jo," Dawson said. Joey stopped walking and looked around to see if any of her new friends were watching.

"What do you want, Leery?" she asked him.

"Nothing. Can't I say hello to my best friend?" Dawson asked.

"Yeah, sure. Go find your best friend and say hello to her because I've really got to be on my way," Joey said.

"Joey, what the hell has gotten into you?" Pacey demanded.

"Listen, loser, I outgrew the petty little friendships I had with you. You all left me here over the summer and expected me to wait around for you to come home and everything would be the same as it was before. I'm sorry to ruin your plans, but I have new friends now and new popularity and I am no longer considered the town charity case so if you'll excuse me I have to get to my locker and then to homeroom," Joey said.

"So what you're saying, Jo, is that you'd rather be friends with Abby and her crew than with us?" Jen asked.

"That's right. And another thing, don't call me Jo. Any of you. Only my good friends call me Jo," Joey said and walked off down the hall.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After school that afternoon, Joey walked into the small house she shared with her sister, her sister's boyfriend and her nephew. "Bessie!" she yelled.

"What, Jo?" Bessie called from the kitchen.

"I can't work tonight. I am going out with some friends," Joey said walking into the kitchen. She took a diet coke from the refrigerator.

"Okay, Jo. I don't need you to work tonight, anyway. Are you going out with Dawson and Pacey?" Bessie asked.

"Hello, earth to Bessie. Where have you been all summer? I am so over my petty friendship with movie boy and the loser." Joey said. "I am going out with Abby, Kat, and some other people."

"Abby Morgan and Katrina Sutherland? Josephine, I thought you hated those girls. What has gotten into you? Ditching your lifelong friends for two girls you hate?" Bessie demanded.

"Bess, I grew up this summer and moved to another level in high school. I am going to be popular and not going to be classified as the town charity case anymore. Get over it," Joey said and walked out of the house.

Dawson was at work putting away videos when Pacey walked in. "Hey, man." Pacey said and walked behind the counter.

"Hey, Pacey," Dawson said distantly.

"What's wrong, man? Bumming over Joey?" Pacey asked.

"Yeah. I don't know why she is acting like this all of a sudden," Dawson said.

"Well, I heard from Mary Beth that Joey has been hanging with Abby and her crew since the day we left Capeside. I also heard that she is like an Abby Morgan clone. She's had sex with Warren Gary and Grant Bodine," Pacey said.

"Joey? Having sex with Warren and Grant? No way man," Dawson said not believing what he was hearing.

"It's true man. It's true," Pacey said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*         

Joey walked into the cafeteria and spotted Kat, Abby, Warren and another guy sitting at a table not far from where Dawson, Jen and Pacey. *If this were last year, I'd be on my way over to sit with Pacey, Dawson and Jen* Joey thought to herself. *But it's not last year and I am not friends with them anymore.* Joey walked past their table and sat down at Abby's. "Hey guys." Joey said.

"Hey, Joey," everyone said.

"Joey, this is the new guy, Dustin Harris. Dustin, this is Joey Potter," Katrina said.

"Hi. Nice to meet you," Dustin said.

Joey smiled. "Likewise," she said.

"Looks like she is going to have another boyfriend to add to the list," Katrina whispered to Abby.

"Oh, Kat, don't be so bitter. I mean, Joey has never been popular before. She is just getting used to it," Abby whispered back.

"Sorry, guys, but Jo and I have got to go," Warren said. Joey giggled and left with Warren.               

"What did she leave with that jock for?" Dawson asked his friends.

*Damnit. I wish he would get over her. I'm supposed to be his girlfriend* Jen thought to herself.

"He is her current boy toy," Pacey said. "But not for long. I saw the way she was checking out that new guy."

"I have an idea to get Joey back to being our friend," Jen said.

Joey and Warren were at the ruins making out. Warren started to take off Joey's shirt, but she stopped him.

"Okay, stud, that's enough," Joey said.

"God, you see what you do to me?" Warren said. Joey just laughed. "It's cause of Dustin isn't it? You usually put out way more than this."

"Well, Warren it's not like we are officially going out. I can like other guys ya know," Joey said. She kissed Warren. "Not that I do."               

"Now you guys are positive that this will work?" Dawson asked for the about the tenth time.

"YES, DAWSON WE ARE SURE!" Jen yelled.

"Sorry. I just love Joey so much. I wish she didn't hate us," Dawson said, getting sad.

*God I feel horrible. I am the one who told Joey she should look for other friendships because Dawson and Pacey wouldn't always be there.* Jen thought to herself. Dawson logged on to AOL. He wrote an e-mail to Joey. This is what it said,

Subj:   (No Subject)
Date:   9/9/98 8:07:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:   JawsDaw
To:     IceQueen15
-----------------------------------------------
Joey,
I don't know why you are hanging out with Abby and her crew, but if that's who you want to hang out with, then I respect. I just have to tell you something, Joey. I love you with all my heart. I always have and always will.
Love,
Dawson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What will Joey say when she reads Dawson's e-mail? Find out in part 2.


Email Lucie

WillowOz16@aol.com


Back to Lucie's Stories | Back to Fan Fiction | Back to the Main Page


This page has been visited times.