Part Three by: Petra

Previous

Joey is at home. She still can’t believe what she had seen just an hour ago. Dawson *kissed* Jen. No, that’s not right. He let her kiss him. She broke up with him 8 hours ago and he’s obviously over her and already into a new relationship?? Joey knew she had no right of judging Dawson’s life and what he did but she couldn’t stop herself from thinking about it. When she was really honest to herself, she had to admit that it hurt her. It didn’t mean anything to Dawson after all. She couldn’t be that important when she was replaced by Miss New York the second she left the scene. If that’s what Dawson wants, I’m happy I didn’t go through what could have lead into a relationship, Joey thought to herself. Then she picked out something comfortable to wear for her date with Jack.


Dawson closed his eyes, not knowing what to think or do. Was this right? Or wrong? Jen laid over him, kissing his neck. Then she brought her lips to kiss and they passionately kissed for some time. Jen spoke to Abby after school and told her about Joey’s break-up with Dawson. And the kiss of course.

When Jen and Dawson ate lunch together there was something in the air. They both felt it. All of a sudden it seemed the most normal thing to sit together to touch each other. First by coincidence then doing it on purpose. There was this rush whenever their hands met. Dawson for the first time letting things happen without analyzing anything, didn’t want to think about it. At all. Because once he started thinking he would remember Joey. And the pain that followed the thought of her. She broke up with him. That was his way to handle his situation. He knew if he would reality world let in, he’d break down. Getting distracted by someone else in order not to be confronted with the current situation any psychologist would probably say. That of course was all in Dawson’s subconscious. Dawson opened his eyes and looked right into Jen’s gaze. She smiled and so did he. He rolled her over and now he laid on top of her. They started to kiss again pressed against each other’s bodies, feeling the heat. It was incredible and they both felt the equal way.


“Hey you,” Jack welcomed Joey. He put his arms around her and Joey felt the warmth of his body against hers. “Hi. Sorry I’m late.”

“You’re forgiven.” Then they kissed and walked to the docks. Joey couldn’t believe that she was so easy-going with a guy that she hardly knew. She felt somehow connected with him. Maybe they were friends in a former life or something.


“How about getting some fresh air?” Dawson asked.

“Good idea.”

They got up from his bed and stretched their clothes and hair. Dawson knew if they didn’t stop now they would go more far then he ever wanted to go with a girl. For now.

As they step outside the Leery House they can feel the nice sun on their skin and feel a light breeze of air rushing past them. They walk hand in hand silently. “Jen, honestly I don’t want to lie to you, but...”

“Dawson?” Jen interrupted.

“... I don’t want to make you false hopes or anything but fact is...”

“Dawson!” Jen interrupted again.

“What?” Dawson finally looked at her following her gaze. He stopped walking. There they were. Joey and Jack. Together. They were sitting in the grass and as if it was some movie scene Dawson and Jen now watched them kissing.

“The perfect scene. The ex-boyfriend meets his ex-girlfriend kissing the new guy.” Hell, life was unfair. The first impulse to hit something or more specifically hit *Jack* had subsided. Now Dawson just wanted to leave. And to be left alone.

“Dawson? Are you alright?” Jen asked Dawson worried for the second time.

“Jen. I’m just gonna go home now. I need to be alone. Do you understand?”

“Sure. And Dawson don’t forget. She doesn’t deserve you.” With that Dawson turns around and leaves.


“What do you mean how did he look?” Jen asked Abby confused. Jen had no idea at what Abby was getting.

“I just want to make sure that you know what you’re getting yourself into here.”

Jen felt uncomfortable. Abby always said things like they were. And the truth hurts. Especially when you wanted to hide some facts from the truth.

“Yes. I know Abby. He was in love with Joey. And this afternoon when he saw Joey and Jack he was shocked. He saw them for the first time together.”

Abby laughed. “Jen? I think I missed a step but as far as I’m concerned love doesn’t go away that fast. Not with Dawson Leery anyway. The romantic kind of guy. Jen, open your eyes. He still *is* in love with Joey.”

That hurt. “I don’t want to hear any of this, ok? I had a great time with him and I wouldn’t want to miss that so will you just leave me alone? I’ve had enough of your good advice. I feel good right now and that’s what matters. Maybe you should just look for a boyfriend of your own instead of making others life’s miserable.” Jen stood up and left. The other people in the coffee house looked up curiously. Abby kept sitting, thinking about the situation Jen had gotten herself into. She wasn’t angry or hurt by Jen’s statement.

Abby knew that when you’re confronted with the truth you get angry and almost always the person that told you the truth is the one to be mad at.

“There’s bound to be heartache.” Abby thought. Of course she liked love, betray, hate, lies etc. but seeing happening to her own friend it made her sad. How could she help Jen? Before it was too late?


“Joey. I don’t know if...” Jack said but Joey didn’t let him finish.

“Jack, just shut up.” It was in the late afternoon and they were lying in the grass. The same place Dawson had seen them before. Joey liked Jack’s kisses.

They were so demanding, they made her felt so wanted and good. A thought crossed Joey’s mind. Was she now with him? As soon as she realized that she was again thinking about *him* she tried hard to focus on something else. So she tried something different. As she unbuttons his shirt, Jack stops her.

“Joey. No. This is too soon. We hardly know each other.”

“You’re right.” Joey accepted his no though she wanted him bad.

“We have so much time ahead. We don’t need to rush with anything.”

When Joey looked at her watch she shrieked. Already 6 o’clock. She would be late for work if she didn’t run now. “Jack, I gotta go. If I’m gonna be late again, Bessie will kill me!”

“Well then I’ll let you go. But not until I get a kiss goodbye.” Jack claimed.

“Alright, I see I’m your slave but tell you what I like being your slave.”

Joey let Jack do the kissing now before she turned around and started running. Jack kept standing there for some time. Replaying the kiss in his mind.


Dawson knew it. He couldn’t keep on living like that. It was so not like him. So he started analyzing things as usual. Was he crazy? Joey just broke up with him and what was it that he did? Let himself pity from the next girl that came his way. Actually she didn’t pity him but showed him a good time as Jen would put it. Anyway, it was NOT right. And then Dawson let his thoughts come to Joey. The scene at the docks this afternoon made him see everything. He couldn’t keep up his facade of “everything’s alright, what? Just my girlfriend dumped me. I’m much more happy with Jen anyway” any longer. But what should he do? He needed a friend. He couldn’t go to Jen since she was part of the whole problem. Pacey!


“Hey, D. It’s been a long time.” Pacey said as he saw Dawson climb into his room.

“Now don’t get all dramatic.” Dawson said, feeling like being in some movie scene again.

“Something’s wrong with that picture? No, don’t tell me. I know. *I* always used to get in *your* window of your house and not the other way around.” Pacey joked.

“Pacey. This is serious.”

And then Dawson told him everything. About Joey and him getting together, being together for a very short time, Joey breaking up with him, Jen comforting and kissing him, seeing Joey with Jack, getting closer to Jen and realizing he was never so confused before.

“Dawson. See what happens when you’re without your best buddy Pacey? You get yourself nothing but into trouble.” Pacey was still in a good mood.

“Pacey!” Dawson warningly said.

“OK, you know me. I don’t go for that “Do this because it is morally right.” I always tend to do what feels best. So my advice: If you feel good about yourself when you’re together with Jen as a lover, a friend, whatever then so be it. Joey broke up with you. I know this is hard for you but as it seems she fell for another guy. It happens. There is nothing that you can do about that. You can’t change it, Dawson. It hurts now but Dawson, as time goes by it gets easier, I promise.”

Dawson listened to Pacey. There was actually some sense what he was saying.

“Life goes on.” Pacey said.


Life goes on. Why is it when you feel bad that someone has to give you that line. It is so cliché. Of course life goes on, it never stops until you die but you don’t have to point that out. Dawson was in his own room alone. Life goes on. That just made everything seem worse. Yeah right. Life goes on WITHOUT her.

Pacey was right, though. He couldn’t change any of what’s happened. He had to live with it some way or the other.

I know that it’s over
But I can’t believe we’re through
They say that time’s a healer
And I’m better without you
It’s gonna take time I know
But I’ll get over you

Look at my life
Look at my heart
I have seen them fall apart
Now I’m ready to rise again
Look at my hops
Look at my dreams
I’m building bridges from these scenes
Now I’m ready to rise again

Caught up in my thinking, yeah
Like a prisoner in my mind
You pose so many questions
But the truth was hard to find
I better think twice I know That I’ll get over you

Chorus

Much time has passed between us
Do you still think of me at all
My world of broken promises
Now you won’t catch me when I fall

Chorus

Gabrielle - Rise


Tomorrow is Friday. Joey thought. She was working at the Ice House. At the moment there was nothing to do so she sat down. Jack wasn’t here but tomorrow he had a shift. What should Joey do tomorrow? If she asked Bessie to work tomorrow she would be delighted to have her here since Friday was always a busy day. Then she could be together with Jack. Even if it’s just working. But then again what about Dawson? After all it is movie night Friday night. He doesn’t want to see me, Joey assured herself. What about their friendship, though? They had to talk to each other eventually. “Joey!” Bessie’s voice came from behind the counter. Joey was glad she didn’t have to think about it now any longer. Work called!


“Jen. Hi! How are you?” Dawson said to Jen.

Jen looking at Dawson a bit confused. She figured now she had to give Dawson comfort and be understanding. But Dawson looked hardly like someone that just had a heart broken. Well, Jen thought to herself, if Dawson isn’t even one bit sad about breaking up with Joey, she couldn’t mean that much after all. And Jen believed what she was thinking.

“I’m good. You?”

“Great. Listen, I was wondering, since Joey is hanging out with Jack now how about you coming over to my place? You, me.”

“As in the famous Friday movie night?”

“Exactly.”

“I’ll be there.” Jen could hardly hide her excitement. Life was wonderful again. At the prospect of being together with Dawson tonight, she was getting all happy.

“Great. See you.”


“So, Dawson. Have you found an answer?” Pacey was referring to their conversation.

“Yep. And Pacey I’ll tell you what: I’m going to listen to you. I’m sick of thinking about other people’s feelings and I’ll just do what feels good.”

“Which is?”

“Tonight I invited Jen and I don’t know. I don’t plan anything. All I know is that I like being with her. We have fun, we can talk and she makes me feel good. Anything wrong with that?”

“No. Finally Dawson you act like a teenager. I’m proud of you!”

Dawson really meant every word he said. Joey dumped him, so what? She was his first girlfriend, but there were so many other girls out in this world. He wasn’t ready for a conversation with Joey, though. Not yet. All he wanted now was to live life without any drama.

I need to talk with you again
Why did you go away?
All our time together just feels like yesterday
I never thought I’d see a single day without you
The things we take for granted
We can sometimes lose

And if I promise not to feel this pain
Will I see you again, will I see you again?

‘Cos time will pass me by
Maybe I’ll never learn to smile
But I know I’ll make it through, if you wait for me
And all the tears I cry, no matter how I try
They’ll never bring you home to me
Won’t you wait for me in heaven?

Do you remember how it was
When we never seemed to care?
The days went by o quickly,
‘Cos I thought you’d always be there
And it’s hard to let you go
Though I know that I must try
I fell like I’ve been cheated
‘Cos we never said goodbye

‘Cos time will pass me by
Maybe I’ll never learn to smile
But I know I’ll make it through, if you wait for me
And all the tears I cry, no matter how I try
They’ll never bring you home to me
Won’t you wait for me in heaven?

And time will pass me by
Maybe I’ll never learn to smile
But I know I’ll make it through, if you wait for me

Kavana - Will You Wait For Me?


Jen picked out a short, dark blue skirt and a matching top. She knew it wasn’t a date, at least no one mentioned the “actual” word. Still, she wanted to look good. She knew Dawson. He would never tell a girl to come over and watch a movie when all he needed was a reason for the girl to come. When he said watching movies then he meant it. And if it was just watching some movie that was fine with her. Jen wanted to have a chance. A chance of coming closer. Nervously she knocked on the door of Dawson’s house. “Come in”, Dawson’s voice came from inside.

“Dawson? Where are you?” Jen asked as she opened the door and stepped inside.

“Up in my room.”

Jen entered. “Hey”

“Hi Jen, I rented My Best Friend’s Wedding.”

“Great. I absolutely love that movie! Julia Roberts is one of my favorite actresses!”

Dawson pressed Play on the remote and they started watching the movie.


“I understand. So I’ll see you tomorrow I guess?” Jack said.

“I’m really sorry.” Joey sat in her room, the telephone on her lap.

“But I think I need to talk to him. We have to dissolve the friendship matter. We know each other since we were children and I can’t live like that.”

“It’s ok Joey.”

“Thanks, sometimes I think you’re too good to be true,” Joey said thankful for Jack’s understanding.

“No problem, that’s just me. Anyway, I think after I finished work at the Ice House I’ll be too tired to go out. So see you tomorrow!”

“Yeah, see ya. Bye”

“Bye, Joey”

Joey sat there some more. She didn’t want to lose Dawson’s friendship and a talk was more than outstanding. She got up and made her way to Dawson’s house. Tonight was movie night, she figured he’d be sitting at home watching some movies alone. Probably not expecting her at all. Joey was right with one conclusion: He wasn’t expecting Joey.


Dawson didn’t watch the movie really. He looked at Jen and was being grateful she was there now with him. She looked good, too. As Dawson feels an urge to touch her, he puts his hand over Jen’s. Jen surprised by that looks away from the TV right into his eyes. Two seconds later they were kissing.


Joey climbs up the ladder. “Dawson. I’m glad you didn’t put away the ladder cause we need to talk...”

Joey stops at the window seeing Jen and Dawson in bed. From her point of view the kissing scenes looked a lot more serious. From her mouth only one word escapes “Dawson” Dawson looks up, right into Joey’s eyes.


What happens next? Will Dawson explain the situation? Will Joey listen? What about Jen? Does Dawson even care about Joey now? Does he try to get back at her for what she has done to him? Please send comments, suggestions, etc.!!! Thanks a lot!

Previous

Email Petra

romance17@gmx.at


Back to Petra's Stories | Back to Fan Fiction | Back to the Main Page


This page has been visited times.