1. My ggrandfather was Samuel Hawkins. The LDS indicates that he was born at Salt Creek, Franklin County IN in 1838 and that his father was David Hawkins. David was born in 1805, same place. David's father was John Hawkins who arrived in Indiana from Baltimore Maryland via Sullivan County (NC/TN) in the late 1790's. (after reading Franklin County history on the web site I am forced to the conclusion that they must have been very lonely. David, according to the LDS had two brothers, Reuben and Nathan. Their granfather was named John and they had a sister Rebecca. Reuben was born 20 Oct 1798 and Nathan was born about 1799. Both lived and died in Franklin County. David moved to Cedar Mo at some point. Are you working on this line? If so, please write Bob O'Donnell .
2. I am searching for information on my grandparents who lived in Indiana at times. Grandfather: Edward Frank Hawkins, Born Nov. 12, 1860, Birthplace Unknown, Died May 17, 1902, Train accident in Louisville, KY, Buried as L. (Lahue) Frank Hawkins, Married Anna Drane Powers June 1, 1886, in Clark County, IN, Married as Edward F. Hawkins. Children: Ethel Born Nov. 22, 1887 Floyd County, IN; ( Father listed as Ed F.); Grace Born Mar. 5, 1893, Marion County, IN, (Father listed as F. Hawkins); Marguerite Born May 25, 1896, Marion County, IN (Father listed as LF); Paul (my father) Born Jan. 14, 1900, Marion County, IN, (Father listed as L. F.) As you can see my grandfather had a change of names. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Please write Paul Hawkins .
3. Looking for information on Ann Hawkins, daughter of Henry Hawkins and wife of Captain John Bayne. (John was born about 1667) Also looking for info on Martha Hawkins who married Walter Bayne in about 1705. These people came first to Virginia and then to Maryland or simply to Maryland. (Also looking at KY) Any leads, please contact Milancie Adams .
4. Checking to see if anyone has any info on Vincent Hawkins from Derbyshire England who ended up in Ohio. Vincent was born in Hedge, Derbyshire, England, July 31, 1800. He came to American with his parents in 1819. He supposedly had a grandfather by the same name in ENG who was Sir Vincent Hawkins and they supposedly had an estate in Derbyshire...he first settled in Philipsburg, PA then moved to Ohio. I am most intersted in the English ancestors. Please write Francine if you can help.
5. I am looking for information about David Hawkins b. 1725 d. 1811, New York and Hannah ( no maiden name) b.1724 d.1812, New York. They had at least two sons: 1. James b.abt 1754, Dutchess Co., New York d. 16 May 1839 Reading Twp, Steuben Co., New York. He married Deborah (no maiden name) They had eleven children. They were Issac b. abt April 1802, New York d. 8 May 1874 Ingham County, Michigan married Hannah Freeman; David; Abraham; Consider?; Jacob; Hannah; Isabel; Sarah; Betsey; Jonathan d. abt 1832; and Margaret. 2. David m. Hannah.(no maiden name) They had at least two children. Margaret b. 1797, New York d.20 August 1872 and Mary b abt 1796, New York. Margaret married John Easlick. Mary married William Greek. If you're researching this line, Cindy Hawkins would like to hear from you.
6. My earliest Hawkins info is on Byard Washington Hawkins, b. 25 June 1827, Slaterville, Wilkes Co., North Carolina. (The information I have gives his father as Elijah Hawkins - no birth date, some indication Elijah was married in Rowan Co., N.C. no name for his wife.) Estimated marriage date for Byard Washington Hawkins to Martha Jane Lovelady, first wife, is about 1857. Martha Jane's father was Henry Lovelady. Byard and Martha Jane had one daughter, Sarah Caroline Hawkins, b. 25 October 1858 in Pocahontas, Green Co., Arkansas. She married William Soward (1880) eight children of this Union. Byard's 2nd wife was Minerva Jane Nall, b. 27 Nov. 1844, d. 3 Feb 1923 in Harrison, Boone County, Ark. Byard was her second husband - Madison Lovelady was first husband. Byard and Minerva Jane had 11 children. Byard's death date is 13 Aug. 1913. These people first settled around Pocahontas, Ark. It was decided it was not a healthy location and they moved on into north central part of the state - Yell County and Boone County. Some descendants are there still. Have more info on descendants if there is a match...if this a branch of your family tree, Joan Small Hawkins wants to hear from you.
7. Do you know anything about Elizabeth (Hawkins) Davidson in Lewis Co KY? Any help appreciated this is has been a roadblock for 15+ years. 1807 Oct 5 Mason Co KY Elizabeth Hawkins marries Robert Davi(d)son 1820-21 Robert Davidson dies Lewis Co KY 1822 No tax list 1827 Elizabeth (Hawkins) Davidson dies Lewis Co KY From this point forward no one named Davidson appears in Lewis Co KY (death & dates presumed by disappearance from tax rolls) Have never found any death records, burials, estate records etc. Birth dates calculated from census records, Elizabeth 1765 or before, Robert 1765 or before. Please drop Helen Satterfield a line if you can help with her Hawkins puzzle.
8. *1 Henry Hawkins b; inTN d; in Union Co. IN? +Martha (Patsey?) Hill m.12/01/1818 Gibson Co., IN? 2 James J Hawkins ;farmer Mo. 2 Thomas Hawkins ;St. Joseph, Mo. 2 Margaret Jane Deceased *2 Samuel H Hawkins b.10/12/1825 Gibson Co. IN d.;04/08/1908 Richland Co IL +Margaret Montgomery b;1826 Gibson Co.IN m. 2/28/1849 Gibson Co.IN d;1856 in Gibson Co. IN 3Jane Hawkins b;5/12/1850 d; 12/4/1920 +John W Davis m;11/29/1877 *3John Hawkins b;12/1851 Gibson Co IN d; 1924 Richland Co, IL +Sharlet Lillie Dale b; 6/1855 NY d 2/13/1930 Richland Co, IL m; 9/12/1872 Bonpas Township IL 4Wilbur Hawkins *4Harry O Hawkins 4Freddie Hawkins 3Samuel D Hawkins b; 12/5/1853 d; 6/19/1941 +Minnie Covert m;1/29/1880 3David Hawkins 3Martha Hawkins b;1856 Gibson Co. IN d; 4/25/1899 +Emery Henderson Rule m; 1885 Richland Co IL 2David Hawkins who died in MO 2Clara or Clarissa Hawkins 2Eliza E Hawkins 2William Berry Hawkins Please write Mendy if you know these folks.
9. For anyone researching Hawkins in Shelby Co., IN, this info come from a friend in Shelbyville, IN. "Patterson Graveyard, Lewis Creek, Jackson Twp Alexander, b 8 Feb 1817, d 22 Dec 1875 other HAWKINS in same cemetery: Enoch, son of D&R, Daniel & Ruth nee FITZ-RANDOLPH, Alexander S., killed at Resaca, GA, 15 May 1864, aged 29, Daniel Patterson (above), 1826-1904
Flat Rock Cem, Washington Twp Daniel J, b 10-24-1856, d 4-25-1922, w/wife Flora T & son Leroy other HAWKINS in this cem: Katie, Marge L, Ora D, Ida M, Elizabeth, Dick, Grace L, Earl "Ballie", Arthur, Florence A, Oscar L, Charles R, M Wayne, Harold E, M. Jeanette, Joseph F, Edmund, Sam'l D & Elizabeth, Kattie & Charles A. Another miscellaneous Hawkins found in Shelby Co.: Isaac HAWKINS, age 20, born KY 1870 census, Shelby Co, IN, Addison Twp 38/38; lvg w/Harris & Mary SHAW, 67 & 51, NJ & NY
Both Washington & Jackson are southern most townships. Washington Twp borders Bartholomew Co and Jackson Twp borders Bartholomew and Johnson Cos. Many Washington Twp people did business in Hope, Bartholomew Co, IN. Many, many people in Jackson Twp did business in Edinburgh, Johnson Co, IN.