The Bureau of Land Management has a site at http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/ On this site you can see the actual original deeds from the U.S. Government to original purchasers!
1.I have Starke Co. Census Records close at hand from 1850-1920. Also have the Marriage records for Starke Co. which have indexes on the films. Also my own copy of the History of Starke Co. Indiana by McCormick. Please write Marilyn Simpson.
2.I have two big "mugbooks" from Indiana counties. These often have good leads for further research, but can't be taken as "gospel". Famlies paid to get into these books, and they are not representative of a total population. But sometimes they hve pictures of families and houses that are valuable, and I am happy to look up and share what I have: Carroll County Indiana History pub 1916, and History of Cass, Miami, Howard and Tipton Counties, 1896 (volume two only). Please contact Jan Hall.
3. I have Putnam Co. Early Marriage Records, 1822-1837. I'll do lookups. Please write Krys Douglas .
4. I have a cd-rom of the 1860 Indiana Federal Census, and have been doing limited lookup tasks for those researching Indiana ancestors. I travel extensively in the spring and summer, but am willing to do some research gratis. Contact Jim for a little assistance.
5.Have Census records in book form for 1850 through 1880 for Sullivan County, Indiana. Happy to do lookups. Please write Judy .
6. I do volunteer work at the National Archives. I can do a limited amount of look ups in-between helping of patrons. Please limit request to one or two names. Contact Vern.
7. I can do lookups for 1850 Indiana census. Please write June.
8. I live in Boston Mass and go to the Regional Branch of the National Archives about twice a month,will be glad to do lookup of census records. ALSO, I have access to most New England Vital records from the beginning of time to 1900 or so [some New England States to a later date] as well as census records more frequently. Please contact Dusti for look-up assistance.
8. I volunteer as a librarian in our local Family History Center. We have the complete 1850 and 1880 census for Indiana plus most of 1900, 1910 and 1920. Would be glad to do some lookups for fellow researchers. My email is Karen.
Byers Family Origins
Indiana University School of Medicine, 1120 South Drive, Indianapolis, IN, 46202 Attention: Alumni Office
Purdue University School of Veterinary Science, 1030 Houde Hall, West Lafayette, IN 47907 Attention: Alumni Office