1. My name is Maurice Humphrey, my wifes maiden name is Hawkins. I have started reseaching her family tree with the help of some of her cousins.It appears that there is little information on Hawkins in New England. I have been only able to trace back to her gggrandfather and very little information exists on him. If anyone else is working on Hawkins in New England(Abraham Hawkins in particular) I'd be glad to hear from you, please write Maurice.
2.Searching for relatives of Henry Clay Hawkins, MS farmer, wife Mattie Leatherwood. H.C. was born in Kentucky in 1844. Mattie's parents were from SC. Any info greatly appreciated. Related through H.C.'s daughter being my husband's grandmother. Thanks. Wanda McLemore
3.William J. HAWKINS b:circa 1837 in GA married Nancy T. FLOYD in Cass County, Texas in 1854. Have been told that HAWKINSVILLE, GA is named after his ancestors. Would like info about his parents, siblings, etc. Middle name possibly Jackson, listed on National Archives Civil War records as Jack HAWKINS. JACKSON family supposedly related. Children: Reuben b: 5/?/1855, Nancy J. b:1857, William Samuel b: 1859, Lula Belle b: 1862. William died between Oct. 1862 and Nov. 1863 while back in Georgia at relatives home (name of relatives unknown). Please send any info to:Billy Walker.
4. John Hawkins m Frances Thorpe,John Coleman Hawkins m Sarah Bond (John Coleman b 23-Jul-1786) William M Hawkins m Catherine McCubbin (William M b 20-Jul-1815) William Milton Hawkins m Sarah Ellen Boaz Harris (Second Marriage William Milton b 1-Jul-1849) Have you run across any of these names? If so, please write Grady Hawkins.
5.I'm interested in hearing from anyone might have a Hawkins female who married a Boon(e) male in colonial PA/MD/VA/NJ, bef 1750. I'm trying long shots to establish kin to my ggggguncle, Captain Hawkins Boone. He was killed at the Battle of Fort Freeland, 7/27/1779 near today's Turbotville, PA. I'd also like to hear from anyone with info about Sir Thomas Hawkins, the sea captain, from Devonshire, Eng in the early 1700s. Please respond toLarry DeFrance with any info.Caretaker, The DeFrance Family Home Page http://www.helene
6.George W. Hawkins married Mary Elizabeth Gifford (Campbell?) abt 1880;they are on the 1880 Mason Co Kentucky census. They both are mentioned in a deed dated Nov 1897 also in Mason Co. Ky. I have 2 children listed for Mary Elizabeth, Ellie Campbell b abt 1866 and George W. Campbell b abt 1868. I find this interesting that there is a child named George but as far as I can tell Mary Elizabeth was still married to James Campbell in 1868. George Hawkins was born Mar 4 1846, d Oct 8 1915 in Mason Co Ky. Death certificate has his parents as Elijah Hawkins and Presalla(spelling ?) Columbia.Would appreciate any additional information on this line. Please write Mary Swearingin.
7. I am researching Alexander Hawkins from Shebly Co., IN. He was born in Va. 1817 & died in Shelby Co. 1870 something. He was married twice. 1st to Priscilla VanBethusan, & 2nd Marriage to Barbara Cowin.What I am hoping to find out is his parents name and where in Va. they were from.Also his brothers & sisters names. Any leads on these folks, please write Christie Hawkins Morgan.
8.My husband Robert Scott Stephens has a Nicholas Hawkins ancestor. These are from Spotsylvania, Va. I am still searching them. Wondering if you have any from this area? Oneida Stephens
9. My great-grandfather, George Edward Hawkins, was born in Greenville, SC on Feb. 14 1838. My grandfather, Elijah Allen Hawkins, was born in Cleveland, TN on July 8, 1878. In this part of our tree are Pirkles, Williams', Burgetts, Longs, etc. My grandfather, Elijah, married my grandmother in the Oklahoma Territory in 1901. They later settled on the Arkansas border and lived in Van Buren, Alma and Ft. Smith, AR and Arkoma, OK. Ray Hawkins
10.JOHN "Lefty" HAWKINS, 74, of Lake City,Anderson Co., TN died Monday, January 11. He worked for the State Highway Department for 37 years. He was preceded in death by parents, John and Mattie Hawkins. Survivors include wife, Ernestine Hawkins. Funeral services were held Wednesday, January 13 at Cox-Martin Funeral Home in Lake City with Rev. Lee Phillips officiating. Interment will follow Thursday at 11 a.m. in Oak Grove Cemetery in Lake City. John Gann
11.My Hawkins line goes back to William and Cena thru their son Wm Jefferson Hawkins who married Serepta Williams. Their daughter, Elizabeth was my greatgrandmother. We know that Wm J either died a tragic death or from an illness. That is all the family remembers of him. He died young at age 38 or so and Serepta remarried and had other children. We know about her, but not him and would like to know more about him and his parents. I know where they are buried and where we think he is buried. Sharon Rensberger
12.Any information on Hawkins in the south mississippi and Alabama area would be greatly appreciated. My family came from Jackson Alabama and my grandfather settled in Gulfport Mississippi. His name was James LaFette Hawkins. My father was George William Hawkins of Gulfport Mississippi as far as I know my grandfather had brothers but I do not know their names. The brother or brothers remained in Jackson Alabama. Any information will be helpful. Please write this Hawkins cousin if you can help.
13.My grandmother was Sadie Hawkins.. I would love to trade information with you. Lola
14.This Obit was in the Pensacola News Journal for 5 Dec. Henry Ingram Hawkins, 88, of Escambia Farms Fla died Wed Dec 2, 1998 in a local Hospital. Mr Hawkins was a native and lifelong resident of Okaloosa County and was preceeded in death by his wife of 50 years, Sarah Hawkins and a daughter, Evelyn H Hudson. Survivors include his daughter, Christine Hawkins of Houston TX; one granschild, Sally Anne Hudson of Durham NC and her father, Bill Husdon of Greenville NC, and numerous neices and nephews. Family will be receiving friedns Sunday from 5 to 7 PM at McLaughlin Mortuary. Funeral serices will be conducted from McLaughlin Mortuary on Monday Dec 7, 1998 at 1:00 PM with the Rev Carson Judah officiating. Interrment will follow in Jesse Rogers Cemetary, Mary Esther, Fla. Thanks to Owlnite48@aol.com for sending this obituary.
Wish list for March '99:
1. Records of marriages of Hawkins folks in New England
2. ANY materials relating to Native American, African-American, and Irish Hawkins lines.
3. Census indexes for New York, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Maryland.
If you can share any of these, please send the urls or data by e-mail or snail mail. Thanks!