1. GHawk40@aol.com is looking for info on Mary E. HAWKINS b. 1855? and married to John A. DIXON 11-10-1875, lived Milton, FL.
2. Joseph HAWKINS(1796-1837) was married to Letitia LAISHLEY in England; they had 6 children, the sons being Charles, John, James, and Richard. Thye came to America with their mother in 1846 after the death of Joseph. They first settled in OH where Letitia remarried Zebulon WICKS. This Hawkins line settled in Park Gibson, MS...does this story sound familiar to you? firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Another great Hawkins family tale...3 HAWKINS brothers came to the US from Great Britain- Peter, William, and George. Peter married Rachel TORBERT in Linguard, Kent Co., DE- info needed on Rachel, especially the marriage date. The children of Peter and Rachel: Margaret, Elizabeth, William Alden. EGraves855@aol.com
4. BDHarney2@aol.com has some photos he's trying to identify and could use some help. If you'd like to see if you recgonize these folks, please go to http://members.aol.com/bdharney2 then select KGS, then select KGS News.
5. DglsJPtrsn@aol.com has a few miscellaneous HAWKINS in his KY data- base: ____HAWKINS m.(prob. late 1790's, early 1800's) Theny SOUTHERLAND/SUTHERLAND- they may have been in the Lincoln Co./Casey Co., KY area ____HAWKINS m. (before 1866 Endamile SAMUELS- they may have been in the Bullitt Co., KY area Samuel JEFFRIES(b. ~ 1851 KY) m. Mary HAWKINS 1874 Hardin Co., KY Do any of these folks turn up in your records? 6. Do you know anything about a John W. HAWKINS who married a Margaret SHAW ca. 1828? If so, please write email@example.com 7. AHawk27949@aol.com writes he has a father and grandfather both named Arthur W. HAWKINS from the Duncan/Lyman area...anybody else have kin there? 8. Looking for a Arilla HAWKINS m. to a John HAMMOND around 1800... Union Couny(SC???) Respond to BLowery125@aol.com 9. Searching for the parents of my ggggrandfather, Hawkins HARRIS, born~1800, d. ~1850, m. to Diana CRADLEBOUGH 11-13-1835 Madison Co., KY. Their children were Mary(Polly), Rebecca, William T., and Susannah Price. Records regarding Hawkins' father-in-law, William Cradlebough show Hawkins to be the son of Tyree HARRIS(2 sources say Tyree HARRIS and Betsy HAWKINS of Rowan Co., NC- this hasn't been proven). Would appreciate any info to help prove this. With a first name of Hawkins, there must be a surname to match somewhere. DoritoZZZZ@aol.com
You know you're a genealogy addict when...
You brake for libraries. You hyperventilate at the sight of an old cemetery. You would rather browse in a cemetery than a shopping mall. You would rather read census schedules than a good book. You are more interested in what happened in 1697 than in 1997. Savage, Torry, and Pope are household names, but you can't remember what to call the dog. You can pinpoint Harrietsham, Hawkhurst, Kent, but you can't find your state capitol on the map. You think every home should have a copier and a microfilm reader. You know every registrar of deeds in the state by name, but they lock the doors when they see you coming. You store your clothes under the bed, because your closet is full of books and papers. All your correspondence begins "Dear Cousin". You have traced every one of your ancestors back to Adam and Eve, have it documented, and still don't want to quit! Does this sound like any of us? :-) Thanks to firstname.lastname@example.org on the KY ROOTS mailing list for those words of (ahem)wisdom.