Welcome to the History Wing
Were your ancestors part of history? The following records include the names of almost 700 people who took part in some of the more famous events in history. Take a look, you might just find a long lost member of your family tree.
The Lewis and Clark expedition - The names of about 100 members of their party.
Pony Express Riders - Story of the famous "Pony Express" and some 200 of the riders.
Gettysburg - List of those killed, wounded and missing at the "Battle of Gettysburg".
Magellans Voyage - Names of the crew members on his "around the world" voyage.
The Alamo - Those who fell at the Alamo in March of 1836.
Salem Witches - Story of the Salem Witchcraft trials and the names of those hanged.
The Hindenburg - Story of the Hindenburg crash in 1937 and the list of survivors.
- The complete set of the current "History Series" includes the above records plus the following:
- The settlers of Jamestown
- Custers Last Stand
- The Oregon Trail
- Christopher Columbus Crew
- The Boston Tea Party
- Pearl Harbor Casualties
- Titanic Passengers
- Revolutionary War Pensioners
- Some Ohio Civil War discharges
- The Mayflower Passengers and Crew
- Teddy Roosevelts' Rough Riders
- Butlers' Rangers
- Massachusetts Witches(other than Salem)
- U.S. Army burials at Arlington National Cemetery
- The "Sultana" Disaster
The entire set includes 22 records with well over 10,000 names. You can get the set on a disk that includes a Search Program to easily find the names you are researching.
Write to Data Mate, P.O. Box 2811, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779, and ask for the "History Series" disk. Please include $5 for shipping and handling.