· A good man. John 19:6
· A prophet. John 4:19
· A fictional character
· He was demon possessed and mad. John 10:20
· A mere man claiming to be God. John 10:33
· King of the Jews. John 19:19
· Teacher. John 3:2
Read John 1:1-14
What did Jesus say about himself?
· I will rise from the dead. John 2:19-22
· I am the Messiah (savior). John 4:25-26
· All who come to me will rise from the dead. John 6:44
· I am the light of the world. John 8:12
· I came from God. John 8:42
· I existed before my human birth. John 8:58
· I am the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except by me. John 14:6
· The Father and I are one. John 14:8-10
· All authority in Heaven and Earth have been given to me. Mat 28:18-20
Read Colossians 1:15-23
What are the consequences of not believing in Christ?
· You will die in your sins. John 8:24
· You will face God's judgement. Rev 20:11-15
· You will not have life (eternal and spiritual). 1 John 5:12
What does it mean to believe in Jesus Christ?
1. Mind (mental):
· You must believe that Jesus is Gods' only son and that He came to earth and died on the cross for your sins. John 17:1-3, I John 4:15, Rom. 5:8
· That Jesus was raised from the dead "because if Jesus was not raised from the dead then your faith is vain (empty) and you are still in your sins". 1 Corinthians 15:12-19, Hebrews 9:28
2. Emotions (Heart):
· Ask Jesus to come into your heart and become the Lord of your life. Romans 10:8-13.
· Repent (change the direction of your life). 1 Corinthians 6:19-20