1. When we talk about Gods love, how do we describe it?
· Gods love in the original Greek is called "Agape" This love is the highest characteristic of God but, how does it work in our lives? 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
· Gods also loves us with great feeling and affection because God is love. 1 John 4:15-16
· Gods love is grace: Undeserved favor. Ephesians 2:8-9
2. What is the difference between conditional love and unconditional love?
Note: Man naturally loves conditionally and God loves unconditionally
3. How do we know that God loves us unconditionally?
· Through Christ's death on the cross. Romans 5:6-8 & 1 John 4:9-10
· Despite the terrible sin in the world were still here because he does not treat us as we deserve. Psalm 103:10-17
· The word of God tells us that God loves all people whether they believe in him or not. John 3:16
4. What does God desire from us in response to His love?
· To believe in his son. John 3:16
· To receive his son. John 1:12-13
· To love his son Jesus. John 16:27 and John 14:21
· To worship his son. Psalm 105:1-5
· To love him in return, which will give us the desire to do what he commands. 1 John 5:1-5
· To serve and obey him. John 14:21 and Romans 12:1-2
· To love our brothers. John 13:34 and 1 John 4:19-21
5. What benefits do we receive from loving God?
· Eternal life. John 3:35-36
· Forgiveness of sin. Hebrews 8:12and Romans 8:1
· All things in your life will work together for good. Rom. 8:28
· Inner peace and rest. Hebrews 4:9-11
· An inheritance from God. Hebrews 9:15
· The Holy Spirit. John 14:15-17
· The ability to love one another unconditionally. 1 John 4:7-8
6. Why is it so difficult for us to love God?
· We are basically very self centered. Romans 1:18-23
· Were lazy: We don't choose to spend quality time with him in prayer, meditation, study and worship (church, music, etc.)
· Without the Holy Spirit living in us (the mind of Christ) it is impossible to love God. 1 Corinthians 2:14-16
7. God even sometimes disciplines those who have accepted his love. Why do you think he does that? Hebrews 12:5-11
· He wants only the best for us at all times.
· He wants us to learn from our mistakes. (What do you think the prodigal son learned from his bad choices?)