In a saucepan mix together 2 cups apple
juice, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon ground
cinnamon and 2 to 3 whole cloves. Simmer over
low heat for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the cloves
and allow the Brew to cool slightly before pouring
it into cups. Makes 5 small servings.
For extra added fun: Decorate a straw for each child
by attaching two indentical Halloween stickers, back
to back, near the top end. Let the children use their
decorated straws for sipping their Halloween Brew.
Pumpkin Ice Cream
1/2 Pint Heavy Cream
1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Cup Pumpkin Filling
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1. Allow ice cream to soften at room temperature for 1/2 hour before beginning.
2. Use eggbeater or electric mixer to whip cream in small mixing bowl.
Store in refrigerator.
3. Place all ingredients except whipped cream in large bowl and mix together.
4. Pour mixture into dessert bowls and freeze.
5. Serve with whipped cream on top.
1 Whole Pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash off outside of pumpkin, and then cut in half.
3. Scrape out pulp and seeds, so that the sides are smooth.
(Reserve seeds for later use - Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe)
4. Cut halves in half, so that you have four quarters.
5. Pour just enough water onto cookie sheet to cover bottom.
6. Place pumpkin quarters on cookie sheet, skin side down.
7. Coat tops with brown sugar and globs of butter.
8. Bake 1 and 1/2 hours then serve.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
After carving a pumpkin, rinse the seeds and remove any remaining
pulp. Pat the seeds dry. Mix the seeds with several tablespoons of
melted butter and a dash of Worcestershire Sauce. Spread out the
seeds on a cookie sheet and sprinkle them with salt. Bake in oven at
350 degrees, stirring occasionally, until the seeds are brown and
crispy. Allow the seeds to cool on paper towels before serving.
Cut a 7-inch cheese log into 1-inch sections.
To make each ghost, cover a cheese section
with a 5-inch square of plastic wrap, leaving
the bottom part open. Insert a popsicle stick
up into the cheese. To complete the ghost,
drape two white facial tissues over the cheese
section "head" and tie a piece of white yarn
around the "neck". Then use a black felt-tip
marker to add a face. Makes 7 cheese ghosts.
The Midi Playing is called The Addams Family Theme.
This background set was created by me, if you would like to view this entire set, or my other Halloween graphics that you can use on your own website, just click on the logo above.
©1997 - 2000 Valerie's Web Page Designs