In this lesson, your objectives are to write your first VB program.
You will learn the two (2) necessary steps. 1) The Visual Programming
step, and 2) The Code Programming step. In the Visual programming
step, you will place objects inside the form and set their properties.
In the Code programming step, you will select a procedure and insert
code within the procedure. This code will be executed during run-time
whenever the event occurs.
WRITING YOUR FIRST PROGRAM
1. What are the two steps in the design process of a Visual Basic program?
2. What is the first thing that you have to do when writing a new Visual Basic program?
3. Give several examples of objects and their properties.
4. Which of the following is not a Visual Basic object?
a. Command Button
d. Text Box
5. Describe how you attach code to an object.
6. BUG BUSTER. Identify what is wrong in the following statement:
txtDisplay.Text = Hi there!
TEST YOUR PROGRESS
BACK TO HOMEPAGE